Traffic on the Site

garyl62

Obviously web traffic slows down during the summer, and I'm sure you have some type of data you use to discuss when selling ads to sponsors about hits, members, etc which is not what I'm after. My question is do you have a way to show traffic levels at different times of the day? Again, storms and conditions can greatly influence this, but it would be interesting to hear, or see some type of graph, about typical times the site sees the most visitors. It would be interesting to see the difference between the "before/after work" crowd, vs the "during work" crowd. Also the weekday vs weekend traffic.

Just a random thought running through my mind....

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gary.

I can view the traffic by hour, day and month. The busiest hours are in the morning. It looks like a lot of folks might be checking in soon after arriving at work. The busiest days are Mon-Tue, with Sunday coming in third most week. That is on average. If there is a big storm hitting the Midwest, then traffic will spike on that day. Dec and Jan are the busiest months, with Feb/March second and Nov third.

-John

600_RMK_144

Hi Gary.

I can view the traffic by hour, day and month. The busiest hours are in the morning. It looks like a lot of folks might be checking in soon after arriving at work. The busiest days are Mon-Tue, with Sunday coming in third most week. That is on average. If there is a big storm hitting the Midwest, then traffic will spike on that day. Dec and Jan are the busiest months, with Feb/March second and Nov third.

-John

What? Surf JD at work? We would never do such a thing. Left my computer unlocked and someone must have went to that site.

garyl62

Hi Gary.

-John

Couple interesting trends there. First, guess it doesn't surprise me about the get to work and look for something else to do crowd, sad to say people don't do what they'd paid to do at work. What was interesting was that the end of the week didn't see an increase in traffic as guys look for info before heading out for a weekend trip, the other thing was the Sunday traffic. Guess it just goes to show how much that journal means to everyone living vicariously through your life in the UP.

Thanks for sharing the info.