Trail 1 from Presque Isle to bottom of Gogebic.

renten

I'm looking for new info about grooming from Presque Isle to Gogebic and grooming trails 1 and 13 around Gogebic. Leaving my cottage in Boulder Jct. in the morning and the info would be great. Thanks

junior

I would think twice about riding there and expecting to ride back. Weather is deteriorating trails quickly. No break in warm til next week. You may get there and not be able to get back

upbarleyboy

Yep...trails are falling apart fast. Most any roads you have to run or cross are going to be shot. With this extended warm up (and we're in the front end of it),you can literally see the snow melting hour to hour. Sadly it's going to get worse before it gets better. Sucks!!

bus8787

Rode Trail 1 from Presque Isle sunday to lake Gogebic and all of it was not groomed and moguls. Sucked ***
and there was no way it was groomed the night before or at all.

C

Cirrus_Driver

When they closed the other route to the west of 1 (forget the number) from 6 to the UP, it put all the pressure on trail 1.
They don't groom it because it's too hard to turn around, with 1/2 being in MI, and half in WI. Been that way for 20+ years.

wrestleruiu

Any other information for this area? Have reservations at White Pine Sunday through Wed. They won't let us back out of the reservations because the trail conditions are good according to them. 8 hour drive and $350 for three nights. Any information from lake Gogebic to Houghton and Hancock area would be nice.

Four of us are heading that way Monday, with the snow they have and the expected snow I think from about Gogebic north will be fine. I worry more about night time temps being below freezing so they can groom.