Trail 2 and 16 along the MI/WI border

slimcake

Anyone rode this lately?? Just never gone east always stayed in the w u.p. and rode north. Would like to change it up a bit. Any thoughts? Thinking about making a loop to Escanaba then up to big bay or ??? Would love some input. Thanks

slimcake

Just any of that border area is what I am wondering about. Like iron river ect. Just never been that way is all. Thanks

whitedust

That entire area has very good trail conditions up to Republic as far as I have ridden this week..a lot more snow south around Amasa area than north or east but plenty to ride. No premium on Tuesday at Tall Pines so carry octane booster just incase...entire area short on amenities so plan ahead or do without.

attack_06

don't go to escanaba it dead ends there unless your not afraid to boondocks and ditch bang all the way to rapid river making your own trail

dfattack

Trail 2 east to iron Mountain then 5 north to big bay is a nice ride. could also take trail 5 north to trail 8 east through Ishpeming to south end of Marquette. trail 8 turns south to Gwinn. This stretch of trail 8 is one of my favorites. Once in Gwinn you can stop at the UP North Lodge. It's on the trail. Nice place to eat and rest. from there you can take 33 west to 32 then continue west back to trail 5 then down to trail 2 in Iron Mountain. 2 west to Iron river/crystal falls. Highly recommend that loop if you are looking for something new. If you decide to do this loop, make sure you gas up in Gwinn. Nothing between Gwinn and Iron Mountain.

there are other options as well...