Trail 5 south of Big Bay

heckler56

This closure caused us to go back down 14 the way we came last Friday. Usually we go up 14 and back 5 but the added distance.

bayfly

When you come up trail 5 there is a reroute that takes you on 14. I believe this adds about 6 miles to the route into Big Bay. But you can still access Big Bay from the south on trail 5. I have heard that you can possibly bypass the reroute ditch banging on triple A, but I haven't tried that yet. I am riding trail 5 to Big Bay tomorrow and may scope this out.

dfattack

When you come up trail 5 there is a reroute that takes you on 14. I believe this adds about 6 miles to the route into Big Bay. But you can still access Big Bay from the south on trail 5. I have heard that you can possibly bypass the reroute ditch banging on triple A, but I haven't tried that yet. I am riding trail 5 to Big Bay tomorrow and may scope this out.
please let us know. Thanks

heckler56

Basically you will take 5 to 310 which goes slightly south and east to intersect 14 (East). Just make sure when you leave BB you take the 14 you want to Marquette or L’Anse. This pic was Friday.
0AB1DCBD-2B75-42D1-841E-4B64DB1F1722.jpeg