Trail 8 from Wakefield to Bergland

ryanslyne

Western UP Trail Shakers Trail Report has Trail 8 from Wakefield to Tula listed in good condition as of 1/12/15. I know Tula is only about half way to Bergland I assume they do not groom the whole way which is why it is only to Tula. Then the Gogebic area groomers have 8 West from Bergland listed as groomed but no actual condition given other than wet spots along county line by M28. So I assume you can get through without a problem if the groomers have been through perhaps it starts to get a little wet as you get closer to the lake. I will be heading that direction Thursday and can report back. I been trying to find out the same thing since when I was up two weeks ago it was highly advised not to take trail 8 past Wakefield. http://www.msasnow.org/trail-reports/

RS

Western UP Trail Shakers Trail Report has Trail 8 from Wakefield to Tula listed in good condition as of 1/12/15. I know Tula is only about half way to Bergland I assume they do not groom the whole way which is why it is only to Tula. Then the Gogebic area groomers have 8 West from Bergland listed as groomed but no actual condition given other than wet spots along county line by M28. So I assume you can get through without a problem if the groomers have been through perhaps it starts to get a little wet as you get closer to the lake. I will be heading that direction Thursday and can report back. I been trying to find out the same thing since when I was up two weeks ago it was highly advised not to take trail 8 past Wakefield. http://www.msasnow.org/trail-reports/

RS

Please do come back and update. Also - if you happen to ride Trail 1 from Marenisco north to Bergland (or either side of Gogebic) let us know. There were wet spots that they were almost going to close the trail a few weeks ago. I saw tracks now on the Lake from the webcams, but the one outside the Hoop looks slushy.

Thanks! - Chiefcheese

Please do come back and update. Also - if you happen to ride Trail 1 from Marenisco north to Bergland (or either side of Gogebic) let us know. There were wet spots that they were almost going to close the trail a few weeks ago. I saw tracks now on the Lake from the webcams, but the one outside the Hoop looks slushy.

Thanks! - Chiefcheese

I rode trail 13 from bottom of LG to the old washed out bridge (east side of the lake) last Friday. Plenty of snow, a few overhanging limbs only wet spots were south of the root cellar but not bad.

frnash

Western UP Trail Shakers Trail Report has Trail 8 from Wakefield to Tula listed in good condition as of 1/12/15. I know Tula is only about half way to Bergland …
Tula? Yikes! Now that's a wide, er… more precisely narrow spot in the road! I guess even this self proclaimed "UP geography wizard" can still learn something new, er… old, 'cuz Tula sure is old!

dusterdj

Well, just rode from Ironwood to Bergland today. NOT groomed along M28 (hwy 28),
west of Bergland. Froze up, could be groomed?? Would not recommend doing it until
it is groomed.

Spdfreak

I rode trail 13 from bottom of LG to the old washed out bridge (east side of the lake) last Friday. Plenty of snow, a few overhanging limbs only wet spots were south of the root cellar but not bad.

Its been a while since i've ridden that trail, it is still possible to get into Bergland taking this trail up the east side of the lake right? Im in for a change of scenery this trip.