Trail Cam?

frnash

I was under the impression that the Trail Cam has been dead for several months, although the date/time stamp has been updating. I just noticed last night that it shows a pretty good picture late in the day, around Evening Civil Twilight or later. Maybe its "white balance" is just out of kilter?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It is the white balance, but when I went to fix it last Friday, the monitor was dead, so I need to get a replacement monitor, then get down there and get things fixed. There are some pretty good pictures when the light is very low (just after sunset and just before sunrise).

-John

frnash

Hooray, the Trail Cam is back!

Hooray, the Trail Cam is back!

Trail%20Cam%202010-09-15.jpg

thunderstruck88

Crap me and BIGFOOT and MrsRunningbear and polarisrider1 and Indy 500 wanted to make smores and sing Kumbiah (sp) sorry Nash lol Going to cry marshmallow tears :( lol :D ;)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
And it's down again. Only took about 10 minutes after I left for it to crash.

Guess the next question is one or two sticks of dynamite to fix it?

-John

frnash

And it's down again. Only took about 10 minutes after I left for it to crash.

Incidentally, is it just my imagination or have you changed something else about both the A.L. Cam and the Trail Cam? Both pictures seem much clearer lately than before, with much better definition, even the "frozen" picture on the trail cam.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing has changed with the AL Cam. The Trail Cam did get a new camera and it could be the reason why the image quality is better. It is the reason you can now see the sides of the housing.

-John