Trail Camera Opinions

yoopermike

I'm looking at buying a new trail camera. Ones that I have my eye on right now are the new Moultrie M-80 xt and Bushnell Tropy Cam HD. If $$ was no object, I'd probably opt for a Reconyx, but that is not the case. I'd like to hear some opinions on the ones I've listed or possibly some others if they work well and provide clear photos, with little to no night-time blur and white-out. Also, looking to keep it near or under $200. Thanks!

I've wasted more money On trail camera's than I want to admit, for the money though moultrie are the best in my opinion. I have a couple of the current IR one's with the view finder built in( can't remember model number). The only thing I strongly suggest is don't buy a cuddle back, they are over priced. The moultrie battery life is great, and a built in viewer is a must in my opinion.

whitehorse

yoopermike....I have a bunch of the Moultrie M80 XD's out ( 10 total)....(same as the XT model) and so far so good. I have had them out since June. Pics are very good and battery life very good.

I don't care for the built in viewing as it is usually too hard to really see what you are looking at - IMO. I also have 2 Reconyx out and they are (THE BEST)...but pricy! With that said, I have not tried the New Primos Ultra Series...I didn't care for last years Primos models and I have talked to a few dealers that are coming back with good reviews of the New Big Game Products cameras. My local dealer also sells alot of the "Covert" Brand cameras.

They are getting better every year and the prices seems to keep getting better for what you get.

Good luck

huntdiamondjim

hi yooper i have 3 bushnell cams and they have worked flawlessly for 1000's of pictures maybe 10,000 pictures imo the best for the money i don't have the hd yet but plan on getting it. it can be had for about 160 on ebay. the reconyz are the best but for 500 you can buy 3 bushnells. had several cuddebacks and hated them all.best of luck this year tell us how it goes. jim

misty_pines

I have a 8 mp Bushnell Trophy cam and my brother has the 5 mp model. We both love them. Great battery life, good trigger speed, and nice high quality pics. Great trail cam for the money.