Trail Grabbers vs. Studs

docs_88

Looking for opinions on the Bergstrom trail grabbers vs. traditional studs. I ride a stock 06 Fusion 600 HO. Has anyone ridden with both? How do they compare for hooking up and stopping? Is one better than the other as far as wear and tear on the track??

jimfsr

I have used both and have installed the trail grabbers in a few sleds. As far as safety and stopping on the ice, they work. They will not perform like studs. Running the roads will kill them faster than studs. I usually recommend them for people who dont want to spend the money on studs and installation, but want to stop or climb an ice covered hill. We put them in out groomer tracks (rubber) and they worked good. They stay in just fine unless you are spinning the track on pavement or catch them on something(like too aggresively loading on the trailer) I would probably not recommend them for high power or agressive riders, they should have studs. These are great for touring sleds, or kids for safety. Under normal conditions, they work, and they stay in.