Trail reports for Canada?

Specgrade

Any idea of where to find good website for trail conditions reports etc...like a JohnDee that is available. From what i can tell they have good snow currently any ideas? links?

D

Deleted member 10829

There is a groomer from the Wawa, Canada area that has his own website that updates that area. His username is like groomerguy or something close. Do a Google search for that name in Wawa and you will find it.

D

Deleted member 10829

Why is Luc not grooming? It seemed to be a passion of his. I was wondering when I went to his site today and there was really nothing there.

polarisrider1

Why is Luc not grooming? It seemed to be a passion of his. I was wondering when I went to his site today and there was really nothing there.
long story, Mostly burned out from lack of other volunteers in the club and all the Governmental red tape is how he put it with me. Very nice guy. He has his own business and it is best he puts his time into that.

Hoosier

long story, Mostly burned out from lack of other volunteers in the club and all the Governmental red tape is how he put it with me. Very nice guy. He has his own business and it is best he puts his time into that.

He was very helpful to me last year when we were looking at Ontario as an option. It's a tough call to ride in Canada anymore with gas prices + exchange rates + trail permit prices. Not to mention border issues. If gas was $2 (in the US) and the exchange rate was $0.75 again, I bet there would be a lot of people going back up there to ride.

polarisrider1

He was very helpful to me last year when we were looking at Ontario as an option. It's a tough call to ride in Canada anymore with gas prices + exchange rates + trail permit prices. Not to mention border issues. If gas was $2 (in the US) and the exchange rate was $0.75 again, I bet there would be a lot of people going back up there to ride.

From 1998 to 2003 I rode there so much they would of made me an honorary citizen since I brought new groups with me each weekend. Exchange was 51% or was that 151%??? it was way in our favor anyways. We could cross the ice from Drumond Island to St Joseph Island with a check in at a wooden shack and on a dial up phone. Times have changed. Toured the saw mill in Dubruilville in 03, they found out I had builders from MI with me so our 20 minute tour lasted 2 1/2hrs. Met Luc for the first time out on the Magpie, he was replacing trail signs. Nice Guy and the locals speak highly of him. Luc has a Facebook page that he will keep in touch with anyone on.

attack_06

Why the heck cant Canada put as much effort into Ontario as they do quebec it's like a separate country in itself over there with way more money put into the trails Ontario mite as well close trails all together

polarisrider1

Is eastern Ontario better off than western? Because there closer to big money big city of toronto

They are funded by the money from the trail permits sold in that riding area. If a area sells a ton of permits it gets a ton of money and vice versa. Buy were you ride is very important in Canada. If you ride Wawa don't buy your permit in the Soo, for example.