trailer lights

all_heavy

i have a 2012 10 ft triton enclosed trailer and was thinking about wiring up some internal lights in the front end to get some lighting on the ski tie downs. has anyone done this? if so, did you splice into the power source for tail lights and running lights? any info would be greatly appreciated.

T

Team Elkhorn

It has a sealed wiring system that I would be hesitant to splice into. Maybe try calling your trailer dealer to see if they offer a kit that plugs in. I had the shell and light kit added to my Triton, and I believe it plugged in where the wiring split off at the back of the tongue.

switch07

I just got done putting led strip lighting in my trailer. I bought two 18 foot long spools of bright white 12v led lights. They have self stick on the back and are easy to install. Found them on eBay. Wire in to your interior lights. They really light the trailer up. Wired in refrigerator switches on each ramp and as long as I'm plugged in to the truck, lights come on when I open the ramps. Works great.

Oops, just noticed its a 10 foot trailer, clam shell I would think. My old clam shell trailer had an interior light and I could have done the same set up.

Last edited:

ragsled

Since most new trucks have dual plug-ins, 4 flat and 7 rv, I just ran a 2nd harness and plugged it into the plug I was not using, just get a 7rv to 4flat converter or if you are already using the 7rv wire up a 4 flat. That way you do not compromise the integrity of a good sealed factory wiring harness.

xcsp

I bought a used '10 Triton 10' that the previous owner had spliced in power for an internal light-spliced in the harness under the front left corner of the trailer and then ran the wire up through a small hole he had drilled in the plywood in the left front corner. Leave some slack in the wiring to accomodate the tilting of the enclosure.