Trailer Tire 18.5x8.5x8

tommyboy

I'm wondering why I can't seem to find a replacement tire w/rim for an old Triton 2-place. I realize the trailer is old, but am I that far out of the loop?

hermie

Do a google search there are a lot of them for sale. Also try farm and fleet or fleet and farm which ever is closer. You may have to put in the metric equivalent.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Northern Tool sells most of all sizes, just the tires or already on the rim. If you don't have a store near you jump on Google or Amazon. They'll ship you one.

bearrassler

If you check at some of the places listed I would try to get at least the Load range D, most are C and that is a little light

600_RMK_144

I'd highly recommend not going with the tire that comes installed on the rim. They are referred to as "China bombs" and tend to blow up very quickly. Good Year Endurance trailer tires are what I run and are widely used in the RV industry as well for good / quality trailer tires.

misty_pines

I'd highly recommend not going with the tire that comes installed on the rim. They are referred to as "China bombs" and tend to blow up very quickly. Good Year Endurance trailer tires are what I run and are widely used in the RV industry as well for good / quality trailer tires.
The Goodyear Endurance trailer tires don't come in the 8" size according to Goodyear's website. I'm finding that most of those little 8" rim diameter tires come mounted on the wheel. They have worked well for me for 20+ years as long as you make sure to change our your trailer tires every 5-8 years or so.

tommyboy

Thank you all, the responses and suggestions are appreciated.

Yeah, I've been on line and ended up ordering one to be shipped. I remember back in the day, you could go to farm & fleet and pick one up. Guess those days are gone. The store in Woodstock, IL hasn't had this size in what seems like two years.

600_RMK_144

The Goodyear Endurance trailer tires don't come in the 8" size according to Goodyear's website. I'm finding that most of those little 8" rim diameter tires come mounted on the wheel. They have worked well for me for 20+ years as long as you make sure to change our your trailer tires every 5-8 years or so.
Ah. Did not realize the diameter he was going for.