Trailer value

junior

I have a 2003 Haulmark 27' v-nose inline aluminum snowmobile trailer. It has built in storage cabinets and spare tire, electric brakes to both axles. An Equal-i-zer hitch. New tires. Anyone got a good idea of what it is worth? Not dents, dings, great shape. Ski guides all along the interior. Front and rear ramps, walk in door and two gas doors on the side. Thinking of selling it

Last edited:

salmonbum

$5000 max. I have done my homework on this. It doesnt matter if you spend $12k new, when you can buy a good 29 ft'er NEW for $6000 OTD, makes it hard to sell a used one.

cuzzinolaf

$5000 max. I have done my homework on this. It doesnt matter if you spend $12k new, when you can buy a good 29 ft'er NEW for $6000 OTD, makes it hard to sell a used one.

I disagree but who am I? I was helping a friend try and find a 27-29 inline a few months ago and saw NOTHING in this price range that was aluminum.

salmonbum

Neo Classic..... 7 x 29' All Aluminum, Advantec Floor, LED lights, spring assist both doors, Two tone color with with the mirror stripe, center latch on ramp doors, 3 fuel doors, etc.... $6000. Buddy just bought one. I can give you some contact info on a dealer if you'd like.

mjkaliszak

I'm really thinking with salmonbum. Unless you get lucky. You need to put it on the market and have a buyer line up. When I go to sell something I usually offer it at a deal for the buyer. I just want some money and want the buyer to get their money worth. I don't hold a lot of value in used items, especially sleds, trailers, ect.... If you post it for 2 much , you may be holding on to it for a while. ( JIMO )

cuzzinolaf

Neo Classic..... 7 x 29' All Aluminum, Advantec Floor, LED lights, spring assist both doors, Two tone color with with the mirror stripe, center latch on ramp doors, 3 fuel doors, etc.... $6000. Buddy just bought one. I can give you some contact info on a dealer if you'd like.

I'm not in the market and he just bought one. Sounds like a awesome deal if it really is $6k. I know Hallmark makes a good trailer though and haven't heard of Neo Classic... not that they're bad, just don't know of em'.

salmonbum

I'm not in the market and he just bought one. Sounds like a awesome deal if it really is $6k. I know Hallmark makes a good trailer though and haven't heard of Neo Classic... not that they're bad, just don't know of em'.

Neo is a good trailer. They are new, but not really. Back in the day there was a mfg called Classic. They made darn nice trailer (I know, buddy's have them) and they sold out to someone who ran them into the ground. The old owners got the buildings back (or something like that) and they are back up and running. You can tell by the center latch for front/rear ramps.

favoritos

I would have found it hard to believe that pricing but, . . .

http://johnstrailersales.com/neo-classic/7-flat-top-snow-trailer.html
Pretty impressive pricing.

Trying to set pricing is tough, but used trailers start to really drop once the sidewalls start to pit through. 2003 is going to start to show some age if you have some decent miles on the trailer.

Junior, I would check comparable trailers in your area. You might be surprised. Last year used trailers like that brought good money in our area. Some comparable new trailers 200 miles away were at the same pricing. It was kinda crazy.

eagle1

Pretty sure NEO come with spring axles just like Legends cheaper line of trailers.
Great price point trailers but torsion axles are much nicer if you alot of towing.

salmonbum

Pretty sure NEO come with spring axles just like Legends cheaper line of trailers.
Great price point trailers but torsion axles are much nicer if you alot of towing.

Torsions are nice, until u blow a bearing at 10pm on a sat nite and it scores the spindle. Try to find a torsion axle laying around some po-dunk town on a sunday. I've been there. If I woulda had a spring axle, TSC's are all over the place, stock them (which are cheap). I coulda found 4 cinder blocks, rested the trailer on them and changed the entire axle in 30 min. But since I had a "torsion axle" I had to work my you-know-what off to fix it. 10 hrs later in -10° temp, I will NEVER own another torsion axle trailer again. What do I care, I'm not riding back there.

I just can't see getting a LOADED trailer with all the bells and whistles to pull sleds? We use these trailers in the worst conditions known to man (salt, a foot of snow, crappy roads) and ahve our buddys load their sleds in them full bore and smash up the sides. I will stick with a price point all day long. NO covered walls, no torsion axles, no 110v, no heater, etc....

BTW, the torison axle upgrade was only $200

Last edited:

junior

the reason I am asking is that there are 3 of us that bought it originally. We live in Illinois and only used it to go up north a few times per year basically. I don't go as much as they do anymore and would like one of them or a friend to buy me out. It has always been stored indoors on the farm. It is in my name so I don't want to try to sell it outright. They would still want it so just trying to set a fair price. I know what it cost new. The heavy duty hitch alone was over $600. And I wouldn't want to think about pulling it without that.

salmonbum

I know what it cost new. The heavy duty hitch alone was over $600. And I wouldn't want to think about pulling it without that.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter what it costs new. It matters what someone is willing to pay for it. And when new ones are $6k, that make selling used that much harder.

And what kind of hitch did u pay $600 for? I pull alot of big stuff, (14,000 boat) and I have never seen a hitch go for $600?

junior

thanks for the replies. And I know what it cost new is not a deciding factor. But I am asking what a 27' aluminum Haulmark trailer would go for. Saying a new trailer can be had for $6000 is not a completely accurate comparison. And if that includes the tax on a new one, I personally might question the quality long term if it is that much less than others. Just comparing apples to apples. If someone asked what a 2 yr old Toyota Camry would be worth would you say no more than $8000 because you can buy a new Ford Fiesta for that? And I also know that the value of something is whatever someone is willing to pay. I was just trying to get a ballpark figure so I don't lose money and if my friends buy me out they don't pay more than they should either. thanks again for the replies

salmonbum

Thats what I'm saying, its worth no more than $5000. If I had my choice of buying a 8 yr old trailer for $5000, even if it was $10k new, or a decent New one for $6000, thats a no brainer. You asked , I'm just giving you a fair answer