Tricks to taking off Edge windshield

fusion900ryder

Are you serious?
Loosen the 3 screws, remove old windshield, put new windshield on , replace the 3 screws.
Maybe you should take it to the dealer.

polarisrider1

No tricks. Remove plastic screws on outerside off hood. Don’t be surprised that they are stripped out,most usually can reuse. Lift hood up and remove the four fancy looking rubber bands and lift windshield out. If you break a rubber band windshield pc. You can use O rings from the local hardware store.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Open the hood and remove the rubber "donughts" off of the windshield tabs also. Once you open the hood, you will see what I am talking about.

sean34590577

Just checking

Are you serious?
Loosen the 3 screws, remove old windshield, put new windshield on , replace the 3 screws.
Maybe you should take it to the dealer.

The experts on here can usually cut a job in half with the tricks they know. Didn't really like the maybe take it to the dealer quote!

polarisrider1

In the tech talk section you kinda have to read all posts then take an average, then throw out 99% of the answers then divide by 2. This method will get you a ballpark. And if in doubt ask Indy500.

likinit2

I have found windshield removal is super easy, just roll the sled at high speed! I have also found riding in the trees is also a good removal tool......

Skidooski

I have found windshield removal is super easy, just roll the sled at high speed! I have also found riding in the trees is also a good removal tool......

That's worked for me in the past until I put the short windshield on. Then I had to roll it a couple times before it would come off! Riding in the trees method no longer worked either.