Trip to copper harbor

tritonmark

Was wondering how many miles by trail it would be from hurley to houghton and houghton up to copper harbor? Was thinking about a 3 day trip to houghton and then to copper harbor and back down to a different area, and finally back to houghton. Thanks for any info.

eyeman

We haven't done the Hurley to Houghton for a couple years now, but it seems to me it is just over 100 miles. The trails make it an easy ride. Then another 60 miles to Copper Harbor from the lift bridge in Houghton/Hancock.

favoritos

Shortest route is about 180 miles(one way) between the two. Any extra trips will obviously add to the miles. Three days should give you plenty of time to explore. We ride that stretch 5-6 times a year and often do it as a one day trip.

legend02

Rode from the south end of Gogebic to copper harbour, Lac labelle and back a few years ago, my buddy and I both had 315 miles on our sleds, took the lake to 13 N to 3, via brockway mountian, took the 135 shortcut out of Copper, then 134 to 132 to lac labelle, back over to 3 to 13 to gogebic.

Link to the pictures

http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12207

Last edited:

Hoosier

Recommend not taking the straightest route, at least both ways. The side loops make the trip, IMO.