Truck Muffler, Dual Exhaust

robinson

I have a 05 dodge dakota V8 SLT and i have dual exhaust on the truck that was put on about 2 years ago, the muffler i have on now is called a Super Turbo Muffler it sounds good and everything but im looking for something a little bit louder lol. Any recommendations out there? I know flowmaster and magnaflow makes a great product.

any info would be great! thanks!

T

Team Elkhorn

robinson, I put an exhaust on my 04 Dakota when I bought it new. And over the years the muffler has gotten louder. And you notice it inside the cab, so be careful how loud you get. Im even considering putting oe exhaust back on.

tyeeman

Put a Flow Master cat back system on. High quality product. Don't got too loud it gets anyoing in the vehicle and to everybody else.

yamahauler

just put some glass paks on. If you want loud, get on the gas, otherwise it's just a nice rumble, not too loud

sleddindoo09

I have a Flowmaster cat-back system with the 50 Series Big Block muffler on my Tahoe and I think it sounds great. I had a Magnaflow system on it first and it was a little too loud. Gave me a headache. If you go to the Flowmaster website, they have sound clips of all their mufflers.

winter_time

The Super 44 and the super 40 i believe are the same. if i remember correctly it is the loudest one they make and i know for sure that it is louder than the 50 series. i bought the cat back dual exhaust kit for my 2002 Ford f 250 with the super 44 and think it has the perfect noise. It is not overbaringly loud but will turn heads and it does not give you the rappy sound. The noise it produces is a nice deep growl at about 1500 rpm. As far as Hpw i dont know how the mufflers compare.

robinson

The Super 44 and the super 40 i believe are the same. if i remember correctly it is the loudest one they make and i know for sure that it is louder than the 50 series. i bought the cat back dual exhaust kit for my 2002 Ford f 250 with the super 44 and think it has the perfect noise. It is not overbaringly loud but will turn heads and it does not give you the rappy sound. The noise it produces is a nice deep growl at about 1500 rpm. As far as Hpw i dont know how the mufflers compare.

thanks winter time!

So you recommend probably going with the Super 44 eh? that seems to be what i am looking for something that will turn heads but not obnoxious. The only problem is when i got it done a few years ago i lost the paper work and dont now the exact diameter of the pipes, any way to check to make sure? the guy there said its most likely 2.25" outlet so im hoping it would be the same as the inlet.. have any type of wisdom on this action? LOL