Twin lake December 22-January 1st

snowfan470

Best Ridin ever and lots of fresh snow all week!!! ...includin some VERY heavy lake effect snow around mass city when we where already going home...

Sorry...no shots of me actually ridin...most of the time I'm carvin and jumpin around by myself within a few miles of the cabins and when I do ride the trails with my parents...they don't wanna have to take the camera out every 2 minutes to take pics of me..

66083.jpg

It was coming down heavy in this band of lake effect..
66084.jpg

Can it snow any HEAVIER??! Like near whiteout....
66085.jpg

Doin a bit of off trail ridin....
66086.jpg

My sled =)
66087.jpg

Me =)
66088.jpg

Taken from the parking lot of the vansville....CLiff Range...

66089.jpg

Arctic cat group and the vansville
66090.jpg

Some cabin deep deep in the woods....i think its along trail 124?...if i'm not mistaken?
66091.jpg

Creek on trail 124 i think...
66092.jpg

Houghton and the portage bridge...while it was snowing lightly...
66093.jpg

My carve =)
66094.jpg

Perfect carving
66095.jpg

Smooth....
66096.jpg

Small logging road with perfect conditions...
66097.jpg

Misery RIver
66098.jpg

New Years Eve...perfect trail conditions....
66099.jpg

Heavy Heavy lake effect Snow near the cabin.....
66100.jpg

Same logging road as above...except this time i decided to take a walk....those are both of my tracks from the other day...already gettin hidin...
66101.jpg

backcountry area i carved up a few days before this pic was taken....
66102.jpg

More crazy carvin in deep ppowpow...
66103.jpg

driver

Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures!

Tell me, how do you like your sled, I have been seriously thinking of buying one.

snowfan470

JMMDBG ---

Yes, Best U.P trip out of all the years that we've been goin up there around that time!! So much snow!

Cmajor --

That cabin in the first shot is a rental ... its one of the three cabins at Wyandotte Hills golf club in Twin Lakes. We stay at that place every season and know the owners very well. But yeah, they are great cabins...always nice and clean and the owners go out of there way to make it a great stay for you. There is also tons of room to maneuver your trailer and the sleds...

Driver --

I love my sled TONS. As u can see, I put on SLP Powder Pros on the thing since I like to do a combination of trail and off trail ridin (if it weren't for my parents, I'd prolly do all backcountry riding..but I still like to do trail ridin...its just that we are very familiar with all the trails from the porcupine mountains up through phoenix since we've been travelin up to the U.P for a few years now) ...but anyways, I also put a Thunder Products clutch kit in the thing which makes the sled rip ...lots of accel and great top end for a 500 cc sled...

But....if your are a drag racer kinda guy...this sled wont be for you....with the clutch kit, I'm able to push to around 90. This sled is made strictly for trail ridin...where u won't be going over 80 mph for a long time. Its a 500 cc sled...not a 1000 lol
This sled also carves through snow like none other...better than any other sled...just pin it and lean slightly...and your on your way...
And...its good for riding deeper snow too...i thinks i've gotten it stuck only a couple times. But yeah...if u really wanna ride some deeper snow, your gonna have to change the track to one that has 1.5 inch lugs...
I still have the 1 inc lug track that came with the sled....but changing the track will be my next upgrade...as well as a huack fuel accelerator and a different rear spring...

bigboy

snowfan470
Great photos, by the way I really like the shot of the Arctic cat group at the Vansville. That was our group from Bartonville Il. We were there 5 days and rode 600+ miles, not bad for a group in their late 50s. We made it back up to the same area last week but only got 400 miles in 4 days. We had my 78 year old dad and pregnant daughter in law with us.(Doc said it would be OK) This Saturday we will be heading to the Tomahawk area for 5 days.

snowfan470

WOW...lol...I can't believe that someone from that Arctic Cat group would actually be on here! lol I took the picture b/c my friend from fargo ND rides an artic cat sno pro 600 and he prolly would appreciate to see pics of arctic cat. But yeah, we are from Park Ridge, IL, we were up there for 11 days and made 700-800 miles. lol...seems kinda small for that amount of time, but my parents ride a double so they are never going really fast. And last winter I had a speed addiction so i was always going 70-80 and would end up 10 miles ahead of them...no joke....so this time around i decided to stay with them. And also....we spent a good portion of those 11 days doing some off trail ridin or going to play spots and just ridin around (since we are so familiar with almost every trail up there)...so u don't make many miles doing that kinda stuff. I love going up there for nearly two weeks, but it is a long time and riding for 11 days straight is quite a bit..even tho I'm sled crazzy.

But yeah, seems like u have been ridin a lot...I wanted my parents to come out to Iowa (I go to Iowa State) so we could ride since there is over a foot of snow on the ground and the ditches are prolly drifted with waist high snow, but somethin is wrong with the transmission in the car. But maybe in early feb. if we get more snow, they'll come out. But, we are prolly gonna be makin another U.P trip durin march, so I can't wait for that!