Twitter john ?

Chicago Boy

With all the talk about this App stuff why not twitter? Just about 2weeks ago I was talking to some snowmobilers from southern Illinois
On twitter and ended up telling them about this site. Wouldn't you know the guy said he met some guy on the trails in Wisconsin a few years back and that guy
Told him about johndee , funny A but that gives people the smart phone fix of JohnDee :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I would have to look into Twitter, as I have never used it. But the bottom line is I do not want to do anything that would cause folks to go to a giant like Facebook or Twitter for content of this site. The site takes up a huge chunk of my time and is basically a second job, so I do want to get reimbursed for it and the best way for that to happen is to have people come to it for my stuff, rather than places like Facebook or Twitter. Not that I am against them, but they already make a pretty good chunk of change and putting my stuff on their sites would be like handing over visitors, and thus, money to them.

I hope I don't seem greedy, but I just don't see why they should profit from my hard work?

-John

Chicago Boy

I guess I would have to look into Twitter, as I have never used it. But the bottom line is I do not want to do anything that would cause folks to go to a giant like Facebook or Twitter for content of this site. The site takes up a huge chunk of my time and is basically a second job, so I do want to get reimbursed for it and the best way for that to happen is to have people come to it for my stuff, rather than places like Facebook or Twitter. Not that I am against them, but they already make a pretty good chunk of change and putting my stuff on their sites would be like handing over visitors, and thus, money to them.

I hope I don't seem greedy, but I just don't see why they should profit from my hard work?

-John

Not greedy at all your site is priceless I guess I never looked at it that way I use twitter for my hvac company
And it just helps get people to my site I post pic and my sale stuff maybe Instagram would work its just for pics
Thanks for all the hard work keeping this site going for us sledheads:)