U.P. Houghten -Handcock Dec 12th -19th

1-snowbullet

Hello Out there Dec 12th -19th we stay at super -8 in Houghton and we Trail tour all over North ,South,East,West no set places we just ride after desiding where to go for day.. you could rack on anywere from 100 miles to 300 miles or more in a day and alot of pictures on the way .. As for Bar Hopping --no !! only time we really stop at bars is to just eat or catch a soda or coffie , or gas .. we try to stay away from drinking and riding .. about every 100-150 miles we stop at laundrey mat and dry our cloths out .. as for riding style we have a veriety of riders and styles so we ride at a comfortable pace for all of us not fast but not slow .. you will not be pressed to keep up we wait and check on everyone every so often there are 2 mechanics in our group that usually bring some sort of tools so we can fix break downs at motel or on trail (( usually dont happen )) .. So if this sounds like a good time you are more than welcome to join us this year and maybe become a part of our group .. just look and ask around for -- Bruce, John, Rick,Phil ,,Nate .. 3 yamahas a cat and a polaris .. have a good one and maybe hope to see you there !!

1-snowbullet

sounds good if they or you want to join in let us know .. we are always up for extra people to ride with and have a great time ..

snowflash

U.P.Houghton-Hancock Dec.12-19th

The Super 8 in Houghton, is the trail close to the motel,or do you have to ride the roads in town? and is there plenty of parking for tow vehicles and trailers?

Just curious because we usually stay at the Ramada but it is Full, so we are considering the Super8 or the Best Western Copper Crown,Holiday Inn; Any information on any of these motels would be appreciated. Thank You.

jr37

The Best Western is nice and only a block or so from bars and food. The Kaleva Cafe is right out the back door. The motel also has a garage for storing your sled over night or to do some wrenching. It is not right on the trail, but is easy to get to.

snowflash

U.P.Houghton-Hancock

Thanks for your reply as we did not know what the Best Western Copper Crown is like or where it was exactly in regards as to where you pick up the main trail.

How was the parking for your tow vehicle & trailer?? Thanks Again.

1-snowbullet

Super -8 has a huge parking lot and right on trail also its right out front of the super -8 you can go twards the bridge or go to Chassel .. as for everything else its in walking distance several diners a block or two away .. gas on top of hill .. bars also if you want that .. and the owners of super-8 also own the best western across the river in handcock so if you need a garage to work on somthing just ask and they will phone over to other motel so you can get the key for heated garage they have across the streat .. also as for road riding there is a parking lot you have to cross to get to bridge other than that its fine also same thing if you venture twards Chassel from super -8 minamal riding on pavement ..

hamburgchf

We stayed at the Best Western many times, maybe not the fanciest place n the north woods, but the price is right, and if it is cold you will love the heated garage for your sleds

23hawk

Houghton

This sounds just like our group - we ride a while & eat a while -enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Ramada is a great place to stay - we had 4 yammies there 2 years ago in Feb. High temp was -20 all week -- we burnt a bunch of gas! Had a great time.

1-snowbullet

last year we took off from the motel in the beginning of the storm that blew in over night .. headed twards mass city -then to ontanogan we left at 9 am and ended up in ontanogan after busting trail there at 1 pm then proceded to head twards rock land well never made it there trail was blocked off .. that was at 10 pm we found the road and took it till we found some great people to take us in and warm up we left at 11:30 pm they pointed us twards bruces x ing at 12:30 am we finally hit there . me and another gassed up the other 2 got a room . me and the other took off at different times he found me in rockland and we cought the trail .. 5 mph to much snow on trail could not see .. well we kept going no matter what 4 AM we arived at super-8 .. did we have fun YUP ,, would we do it again probally not and on other hand probally .. it was a big ride and fun all at once . are we diehards not really just wanted warm bed and own room ..this was taken in ontanogan last year in the big storm we were in ..found out cats can not swim also !!

Attachments

• DSCF0679.jpg
    DSCF0679.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF0677.jpg
    DSCF0677.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0682.jpg
    DSCF0682.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

1-snowbullet

I can pretty much garentee if there is snow You Will Enjoy hanging out with us !! Phil and Rick are going to be at super -8 on the 11th or 12th me(( Bruce )) and John will be ariving late tuesday night the 14th we are easy to find just ask the desk for any of us .. we will be parked on opposite side of pool burgandy chev Avalanch with a triton enclosed on back and a silver dodge dakota truck with a 2 place flat on back .. 3 yamaha's and 1 cat later in the week friday nate will be there he will have the polaris .. so saying this you are all wecome to join in and have a great time and meet new people .. just ask to try for ZERO ALCOHOL its a smart choice .. we will not heckel you if you have one or 2 with a meal if you feel you cant go without .. later and enjoy hope to see you there !!

Attachments

• DSCF0688.jpg
    DSCF0688.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0692.jpg
    DSCF0692.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0694.jpg
    DSCF0694.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 62

1-snowbullet

Oh also dont be discouraged about my Zero Alcohol thing like i said we are high milage riders dont need to be calling a amt or police cause you desided to give a tree a ride .. we usually go up town or party at the motel after the big ride .. we also have cook outs this year if we can get away with it we will have a small george forman grill in our room .. verses cooking tail gate style .. we are a fun bunch to hang with once you do ride with us and have a fun time i can almost garentee you will be there next year .. ok from left to right --Rick-- Phil--Rick C . (( dont think he is comming )) Me ((Bruce )) And Nate sorry no picks of my brother John where ever I am John is almost .. Just watch for these frendly faces !!

Attachments

• DSCF1079.jpg
    DSCF1079.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0669.jpg
    DSCF0669.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 65