UP atv trails?

Dreamcrusher

Does anyone have a good source for atv trail maps for the UP?
I've heard two different stories, one guy said that all the snomobile trails become atv trails, and another guy told me that only certain sled trails become atv trails.
Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone have a good source for atv trail maps for the UP?
I've heard two different stories, one guy said that all the snomobile trails become atv trails, and another guy told me that only certain sled trails become atv trails.
Any help is appreciated.

MI trail is a good place to start. I just started this year and its a blast. tons of places to ride to! you might not use the exact snowmobile trail but you'll end up in allot of the same spots. hope that helps.

robert77

I have tons of miles around indian river area. I have always rode on the snowmobile trails and as others have . I have not encountered any problems as long as you respect the trails as always.. Just my experience

snocrazy

I ride this area on a regular basis. Never had an issue. Just stay on the trails and logging roads and you will be fine. Just follow the beaten path.

ranger_x

Maps

Thanks for the info/help guys. Most of the time we snowmobile out of Munising, has anyone ridden their atv's around there?

Mostly RR grade . They provide great maps at most trail stops. Yes you will ride in areas that a snowmobile trails too. You can ride quite a few miles not all trails are on the maps.

Dreamcrusher

Leaving southern Wisconsin friday morning. Heading toward Munising, If anyone sees a blue and a silver/black polaris 800's, hit me up If you want to ride. Peace, Thanks boys

skypyrt

I'm looking for someone or small group to go riding with out of White Pine Mi. I have a place there, 3Br. 2Ba. I'm not looking to rent it out, just want a few peeps to go play with???? Wi. Cell # is 608-289-2839 Tim SHHH, I have been known to do some boonedocking... Just sayin....

Dreamcrusher

We got back this morning. Had a blast, we found a couple locals that kinda gave us a guided tour. I would recommend atving in the UP to everyone.

Polarice

I ride this area on a regular basis. Never had an issue. Just stay on the trails and logging roads and you will be fine. Just follow the beaten path.

X2 on this. I just ride where ever. When I come up to a sign that says I can't ride there I turn around. The maps are extremely poor for that area. I have one map that says you can ride somewhere and another that says no. Which is right?

Fishweb is a joke and MI TRALE is the western side. Must be more traffic over there. I've only seen another atv maybe once. Not like I drive a lot though. I just go where I see other tracks. Keep it at 25 or 30 along county roads and hwys.

qber

The MI Trale maps for the UP Keewenaw peninsula area are available at many stores, snowmobile ATV shops and gas stations in the area. They are excellent. Many trails are open to ATV's in that area, however some snowmobile trails are closed to ATV or any other summer use.