UP Restaurants and Bars

eyeman

It is my understanding that the Gov's Executive Orders expire on 12/18/2020. I "suspect" she will extend the Orders through the holiday's. My wife and I typically spend New Years Eve in Houghton or in that area. If we ride, do we know of or is there a listing of food and entertainment establishments that are NOT presently abiding by the Orders? We will not carry food or beverages on the sleds. We so much appreciate warming up at a number of great establishments, the tents and camp fires just don't make it. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! PM if need be.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I do not know of any restaurant or bars that would be going against the orders. Two did it about 3 weeks ago and were shut down. One had it's liquor license suspended by the state.

-John

whitedust

It is my understanding that the Gov's Executive Orders expire on 12/18/2020. I "suspect" she will extend the Orders through the holiday's. My wife and I typically spend New Years Eve in Houghton or in that area. If we ride, do we know of or is there a listing of food and entertainment establishments that are NOT presently abiding by the Orders? We will not carry food or beverages on the sleds. We so much appreciate warming up at a number of great establishments, the tents and camp fires just don't make it. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!! PM if need be.
Boy oh boy eyeman you certainly hit that nail squarely on the head. We are all waiting to hear what is next on Whitmers restaurant restrictions and it sure is important to all of us. Vaccine started going in arms today so maybe the Witch will finally relent and allow restaurants to operate especially in the UP. Whiter could draw a line at the Mack and WI border where the density of population is far different than Detroit and allow restaurants to operate in the entire UP as an exception. Will she be logical or one size fits all????

RHFD547

I thought I heard that the Michigan Supreme Court ruled against her dictatorship guidelines. Many, if not all, establishments south of I-80 in Hellinois are telling Prickster to pound sand and are conducting business as normal since they are not violating any "laws". Only the weak and scared who are intimidated by Prickster's minions are following his unlawful "executive orders".

whitedust

Logical?? lets hope so!

Brian I was watching Fox today and this statistic came up. In NY city the covid infection rate from restaurants was 1.43%!!!! I couldn’t believe it how did closing restaurants ever get started it makes no sense at all? Super Spreader? No freakin way! Parties ,social gatherings were something like 78% where there is no sanitation or social distancing or any other controls people do whatever they want. The obvious conclusion is there is absolutely no science to support closing restaurants due to Covid. The restaurant industry has been ruined based on no science governors decided to target the industry without cause. It’s time for this absolute BS to go away quickly and admit mistakes were made
and open up the restaurants. This is beyond unreasonable no science to close exists. Senseless!

Sledhead!

I think the key will be what she does on the 18th. If she extends then I would prepare for a long closure and this will cripple most businesses. If she smartens up and allows at least for 50% capacity then hopefully the businesses can survive and it won't totally change the season.

Those of us who do go and stick to our regular planned trips should try and be a little more generous assuming we are given the opportunity to dine/drink at these establishments. These places are hanging on by a thread and every extra $$ will help!

euphoric1

Brian I was watching Fox today and this statistic came up. In NY city the covid infection rate from restaurants was 1.43%!!!! I couldn’t believe it how did closing restaurants ever get started it makes no sense at all? Super Spreader? No freakin way! Parties ,social gatherings were something like 78% where there is no sanitation or social distancing or any other controls people do whatever they want. The obvious conclusion is there is absolutely no science to support closing restaurants due to Covid. The restaurant industry has been ruined based on no science governors decided to target the industry without cause. It’s time for this absolute BS to go away quickly and admit mistakes were made
and open up the restaurants. This is beyond unreasonable no science to close exists. Senseless!

CDC statistics confirmed restaurants and bars were not the super spreader by far, and the very government that hammered into peoples heads...follow the science, isn't following the science, I have said it before and will say it again and again, this is definitely NOT worth the economic destruction that it is causing, and I agree with you completely..it was SENSELESS and continues to be just that. If something isn't done about the upcoming sledding season it will be devastating to the far north to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

I think the key will be what she does on the 18th. If she extends then I would prepare for a long closure and this will cripple most businesses. If she smartens up and allows at least for 50% capacity then hopefully the businesses can survive and it won't totally change the season.

Those of us who do go and stick to our regular planned trips should try and be a little more generous assuming we are given the opportunity to dine/drink at these establishments. These places are hanging on by a thread and every extra $$ will help!

AGREED!!!

eyeman

I do not know of any restaurant or bars that would be going against the orders. Two did it about 3 weeks ago and were shut down. One had it's liquor license suspended by the state.

-John

An individual at the Chamber told me that several businesses were not abiding, but she could not expand. Given this abuse of power and no legislative supported authorization, I was hoping the enforcement agencies would simply turn a blind eye and ALL private sector ops would be business as usual.

Last edited:

euphoric1

heard the talk whitedust was talking about this morning, CDC states that bar's, restaurants and eateries are responsible for 1.4% of covid spread... that's ONE POINT FOUR percent! This is the "SCIENCE" communities findings! 110,000 bars, restaurants and eateries permanently closed in last 11 months..NOT WORTH IT!! very unfortunate!! hopefully the whackadoodle eases restrictions.

whitedust

December 18th we will know if the restaurant restrictions have been eased or extended. Hopefully Whitmer will relent absolutely no science to support closing restaurants in the UP in such a sparsely populated area. Snowmobiling needs pit stops for food, drink and warm up very difficult to put folks in hotels with no area restaurants. What is she thinking???? I sure hope Whitmer stops closing and unreasonably restricting restaurants it’s completely senseless.

legend02

December 18th we will know if the restaurant restrictions have been eased or extended. Hopefully Whitmer will relent absolutely no science to support closing restaurants in the UP in such a sparsely populated area. Snowmobiling needs pit stops for food, drink and warm up very difficult to put folks in hotels with no area restaurants. What is she thinking???? I sure hope Whitmer stops closing and unreasonably restricting restaurants it’s completely senseless.

Depends if husband is going snowmobiling soon ��

dfattack

I got slapped down for mentioning a politician by name. Maybe we need to come up with code names for the guvna??

like cruella???