Updated Looking for someone to go riding with in Northern WI or in the UP

RonS

Hi, my name is Ron and I am looking for someone to go riding with in Northern Wisconsin or in the Western UP

I live near Tomahawk WI, and have a truck/trailer - so I could drive to meet you someplace to ride for the day and then would trailer up and head home.

In past years I rode a lot with my sons (but now one is married with a baby, and the other is really busy with a business he has started).

I like riding in areas like Rhinelander, Conover - Land O Lakes, Boulder Junction, Mercer, Park Falls, Tomahawk, Rockland to Twin Lakes MI, Bergland MI, Houghton to Copper Harbor, Big Bay and many others.

I have a Skidoo 900 Ace Renagade, I like to ride 70 to 125 miles per day.

I am a good rider and know the trails well. I am not much of a drinker, but do enjoy stopping for a good meal mid-day.

I would like to find someone to go riding for a day (either during the week or on a weekend) while we have good snow this year.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ron Saltzmann

262-290-1269 cell

ron.saltzmann@outlook.com

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Ron, Looking at your list of areas you ride you shouldn't have a problem with finding a riding buddy or more likely a hundred. Those are all popular destinations. How bout it folks, anyone free to ride with Ron? He's a new member here so let's make him feel welcome.

dfattack

It would have been perfect If Whitedust or Venturenorth were still living up there. Right up their alley. Hope you find someone Ron

ddhanna

Maybe a club ride? From Facebook:

The Northern Lights Snowmobile Club (Three Lakes) weekday club rides are starting! You do not need to be a club member to join our rides. All rides begin at the Three Lakes Shell gas station. Riders are expected to be fueled and oiled up and ready to leave at the appointed time. Our first ride is Tuesday, January 10, 2023. Here is the current line up of schedule of rides:
Tuesday: Scenic Ride with Dave, 9:30 AM, 65 – 100 miles
Wednesday: Spirited Ride, with TBD, 8:30 AM, 150 – 200 mil…

They may have added a Thursday ride.

I think Eagle River does it too.

Stormrider

Heading to Barnes area ( about 25 miles North of Hayward ) can meet up at the Trading Post bar and grill 9 am Saturday, you are welcome to come along.