Updated on trail 8 between Kenton and Sidnaw?

hermie

Also has anyone heard if trail 15 bridge is repaired yet? I have been searching and can't anything.

whitedust

Also has anyone heard if trail 15 bridge is repaired yet? I have been searching and can't anything.
I heard no on the bridge repair and considering a reroute. Why the bridge wasn’t repaired is amazing to me so small I could rebuild it. Must be something political.

hermie

Funny you should say that someone I talked to when riding in March said they heard that they used the bridge as an excuse to close the trail last year. They had heard it was a problem with a landowner. I didn't take much stock in it as rumors are always out there but maybe there is some truth to it. I have been keeping an eye on it with the intentions of helping with the rebuild. Hopefully they figure out a reroute as that was a nice trail.

whitedust

Funny you should say that someone I talked to when riding in March said they heard that they used the bridge as an excuse to close the trail last year. They had heard it was a problem with a landowner. I didn't take much stock in it as rumors are always out there but maybe there is some truth to it. I have been keeping an eye on it with the intentions of helping with the rebuild. Hopefully they figure out a reroute as that was a nice trail.
I’ve ridden Iron County MI for 20 years there are lots of FRs in that area. I prefer 15 trail one of my favs but it has already changed so much over the years to Sidnaw maybe the reroute will be ok. I’ll be looking into it for sure as we scrapped Amasa ride last year due to bridge closure. Not this year I hope it’s a go.

goofy600

I have a confirmed report that trail 8 is fixed and will be open for season between Kenton and Sidnaw. Also was told that they just got done finishing the bridge on trail 15 so it should be open this year. I going to get complete confirmation on that today if possible.

whitedust

I have a confirmed report that trail 8 is fixed and will be open for season between Kenton and Sidnaw. Also was told that they just got done finishing the bridge on trail 15 so it should be open this year. I going to get complete confirmation on that today if possible.
Holey Moley Jim the 15 bridge is good news if true!!! I was hearing reroute which didn’t make sense to me since such a small bridge. Please let us know when you are sure!

hermie

I hope this turns out to be true that would be excellent news. With more and more trail closure be nice to get so e good news and hear about trails that have reopened.

euphoric1

whitedust, venturenorth and dfattack talked very highly of this trail, and as you know we weren't able to traverse it last year when we all got together last year, looking forward to riding it!

erkoehler

We heard the Kenton-sidnaw trail would be temporarily repaired for this winter season when we were up on SxS a few weeks ago.

Also heard there will be a gas pump at Up Chucks in Kenton, did see some dirt work being done so maybe it’s happening!

goofy600

We heard the Kenton-sidnaw trail would be temporarily repaired for this winter season when we were up on SxS a few weeks ago.

Also heard there will be a gas pump at Up Chucks in Kenton, did see some dirt work being done so maybe it’s happening!
I have confirmation from well known Snowvalley club member trail 8 will be open, no clue on the gas part. Could only think it has to be an above ground tank if they do.

goofy600

Was told they need 2 or 3 days to finish it up but have to wait until hunting season is over so hopefully first week of December it should be done so really have to wait till then. But it all sounds like it will be done from my source.