Vermont

Dauds

Moved to Vermont in August from Northern IL and brought the sleds with me. Just curious if there are any other Mid-West transplants out here.

Cheers,

Dauds

cooksend

Dauds, we are counting on you to tell us how things are on the Eastern Front! Have wondered for years how the riding is.

attack_06

Ya I 2nd that see if u can get ahold of a local snow club out there and give us some info on riding out there been wanting to plan a trip there or Quebec like how much are trail passes for out of staters and what area has best trails,where would a good place to stay be in a central part and ride in all directions

L

lenny

In 1990 Di and I drove to Killington Ski area and lodged there for 5 nights. We also took our matching pair of 1974 Mercury S/R440's and rode 2 days. The riding was beautiful and we had a blast. We skied at Killington the other 3 days and was the time of our lives. I have thought about what it would be like offtrail out west, any more info for us?

arcticgeorge

My Son is doing an internship at Killington this fall for his Ski Area Management program and we are interested in possibly moving to Vermont next year. My cousin has a summer place in Glover Vt. Where are you located Dauds? Any info on the area would be great.

Dauds

AG,

I am located in Waterbury, VT which is about an hour 15 min. straight north of Killington. Nice thing about Waterbury is it is within 30 minutes of Stowe, Sugarbush, Madriver Glen, and Bolton Valley ski resorts. I really enjoy living in VT as it is plentiful in forests, mountains, streams, and snow which I love to play in. The cost of living out here is much higher than most places back home in the Midwest outside of metro areas. With pay cuts and cost of living, it definitely took some adjustments to get used to for both my GF and I. But we both believe in having a high quality of life so we make it work. The ability to go hiking, fly-fishing, snowboarding, and hop on the sled out the back yard and ride take high priority for us. It really is beautiful out here. It is also easy to overlook how nice it is to be within 3-4 hours of some amazing places like Boston, Montreal, and Maine. If there is any other info I can help you with just let me know. You can check out a blog I started this fall when we moved out here with some pictures and ideas of what it is like out here if you want, http://ryandauds.tumblr.com/.

For those wondering about riding out here I will try to post an update next week with pictures and details from this winter!

Cheers,

Dauds

arcticgeorge

Cool way to go on your move out East!. Blog was neat with great pictures. And just 30 minutes from all them cool ski resorts. I understand it is kinda expensive but better wages than where i am in the UP now. I do masonry and i see stone masons wanted on Vermont's CraigsList often. Speaking of cheers my cousin was telling me Vermont is abundant with micro brewery's. Curious where in n. Il are you from? i was in the NE part in Fox Lake.

Dauds

Your cousin is right. The beer scene here is unbelievable. Some of the best beers in the country, hands down. Every one who has visited has been in awe at the amount of amazing beer at our finger tips. I am actually from Fox Lake as well and a Grant High grad like 3 of my grandparents!

arcticgeorge

Wow no way? Small world. My Father and I along with my two sisters went to Grant. I lived on Rushmore across from Grant. But yeah sorry to get off track everybody. I hope to visit Vermont soon seems like an awesome place.

attack_06

so how much are out of state trail passes and how many day pass is it

- - - Updated - - -

dauds you missed my earlier post from back in november

Dauds

Sorry about that Attack.

A three day out of state pass in $70.

Snowmobiling here is governed by V.A.S.T which is a non-profit organization. They control prices, grooming, and all things related to snowmobiling here in VT.