Vilas County Trails close at 8am on Friday, March 18

whitedust

We wait soooo long for a good base and grooming and then a brief Spring warm up and it’s over. No surprise to me since lived there for 16 years but it will be below freezing at night until June. Most don’t realize how cold it is in Vilas sometimes summer is July. Lol. 😜

pclark

We wait soooo long for a good base and grooming and then a brief Spring warm up and it’s over. No surprise to me since lived there for 16 years but it will be below freezing at night until June. Most don’t realize how cold it is in Vilas sometimes summer is July. Lol. 😜
Yep, we will have a lot of cold damp weather now until it gets nice out, somtime in June like you said. Right now, I am ready for the snow to melt as we are in the inbetween which does not look very good right now, dirty snowbanks, frozen rutty roads in the morning and slushy in the afternoon. Trails took a huge turn for the worse yesterday and most look pretty muddy, sandy, anywhere the sun can hit it. I'm sure there is good snow back in the woods still but you would have to trailer there now. Looking forward to ice out, was still 18" thick where we fished yesterday. Need some rain to start the process.

whitedust

Hopefully ice goes out in April but seen ice in North Twin into May which is a drag. Also seen snow in June in well shaded hollows. I really like Fall in Vilas 50s, 60s, a 70 or 2 delightful weather then the storms of November rocked my world. Lol. 😎

pclark

Hopefully ice goes out in April but seen ice in North Twin into May which is a drag. Also seen snow in June in well shaded hollows. I really like Fall in Vilas 50s, 60s, a 70 or 2 delightful weather then the storms of November rocked my world. Lol. 😎
We had ice out a few years ago in mid May but the last 2 years have been right around April 18 according to my records. Had snow until after Memorial day at the end of the driveway where the plow stacked it up pretty high one year. Spring is my least favorite season even when we lived in Oconomowoc, WI. Love summer, Fall is fantastic, and I don't mind winter at all. But you better not fall into the lazy trap up here in the winter or it can get a little depressing. I just keep busy and here we are turning the corner to April.

whitedust

We had ice out a few years ago in mid May but the last 2 years have been right around April 18 according to my records. Had snow until after Memorial day at the end of the driveway where the plow stacked it up pretty high one year. Spring is my least favorite season even when we lived in Oconomowoc, WI. Love summer, Fall is fantastic, and I don't mind winter at all. But you better not fall into the lazy trap up here in the winter or it can get a little depressing. I just keep busy and here we are turning the corner to April.
Yep you are in the tweener time restaurants close , motels close good time to be somewhere else until mid May. I used to go to FL most of April sometimes early May can be tuff so cold. June is decent usually when I put in my pier and boat in. I luved winter in Vilas took advantage of the snow and cold did massive trail miles.

dfattack

Yep you are in the tweener time restaurants close , motels close good time to be somewhere else until mid May. I used to go to FL most of April sometimes early May can be tuff so cold. June is decent usually when I put in my pier and boat in. I luved winter in Vilas took advantage of the snow and cold did massive trail miles.

Aaah…the good ol’ days