Vintage/Classic Photos

Magnumb

How about including a vintage area to post onto for the Guest Shots section? Anything before 1980 or 1990???

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I always shy away from creating a new topic unless there is a big demand for it. I may be way off on my thinking (would not be the first time!), but I guess I do not want to have a board with tons of topics. I would rather have a board with a handful of topics that cover the gambit. So for now, we can just post the vintage shots in the regular guest shots. Maybe put the word "vintage" in the threat title, so that folks will know.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

Or just post it in the Vintage Sled Chat. Below is what should go in that area. That topic area needs more posts any way and we love seeing the pictures!

This is the place to post questions, discussions and pictures/videos regarding the old iron.

Magnumb

I did see the vintage sled chat section but not much going on there. Seems like people go there to post on newly restored sleds.
I guess it just takes too much work to digitize the older photos. Seen a few good posts on this site that has the vintage pics along with the stories to go along them.
I have a few good ones i might just snap with my phone to post. Some are from days when most people my parents rode with just wore knitted hats and goggles.

D

Deleted member 10829

I think that's a great idea Magnumb! Those old photos and stories go over very well. I would just start a new post under Misc if you want to get the most people to see it. I'm looking forward to it!

skiroule

Magnumb, I did start a thread in the vintage sled chat section for what I think you have in mind. There isn't as much activity there but the threads don't age out as quickly either.