Vintage Snowmobile Patch

polaris2

Looking though some things I found this old Herters Husky snowmobile patch. How many of you guys remember the Herters snowmobiles? Or maybe even owned one.

asset.php
asset.php
asset.php

asset.php

skiroule

I'd like to say they were before my time but they weren't. I can't say that I ever knew anybody that owned one but Herters was huge in the mail order business. Everybody ordered stuff from the Herters catalog. Hang onto the patches, they're pretty cool to have. I wish I still had all my old ones.

XP North of 64

Know them well, a friends dad was a dealer a few miles west of Green Bay. They where all over the place at the time. Guys in the club still talk about em. He even built a wheel kit for the front and ran them in the ditches in the summer. What a site that was.

bearrassler

My brother is restoring a Herters Husky now. Here are a couple of pictures of when he first got it. It is a 65 or 66, he is not sure. herters 2.jpg herters 1.jpg

skiroule

Great patches jr!

I love the front-end shot of the Herters. Talk about ski stance. If the body went between the trees, so did the skis. BR, that sure looks like an RTX back there. Now I'm all nostalgic.

Dang this site! I'm supposed to be out putting on a track right now.