Voltage regulator on 2005 Arctic Cats

Halcohal

Lost my lights, hand warmers and tach on my ZR900 EFI. Anyone have this problem before? I am thinking that I need to replace my voltage regulator.

acatzl550

the same thing happened to my 2003 ZL 550, the tach, warmers, and lights went out and came back on. after a few days of them flickering on and off they just stayed on and never shut off again, i dont get it. but the local arctic cat deal said that if the tach went out too it was the lighting coil and to fix it only when they go out and dont come back on for good

acatzl550

the lighting coil is located in the mag. and the voltage regulator should be near the foot well on the right side near the chain case

Halcohal

Well now I am confused. (What's new). I don't have a chain case, I have a diamond drive. Would you think that it is a voltage regulator problem or a lighting coil problem? If it is the voltage regulator, where is that located on a sled with diamond drive? Thanks

acatzl550

umm now that i think if it u said its an efi so im really not sure where the voltage regulator would be but i would think its still in the same place. its bolted on the inside of the right footwell... http://www.kenssportspolarisparts.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx thats on a 2005 zr 900 efi and it shows the voltage regulator and its a little square thing with a wire connected to it that goes to the motor and im still pretty sure its on the right footwell

acatzl550

that link didnt work....if u want to see the wiring assembly u have to select the make, year, and model then select "headlight, instruments, and wiring assembly"