Warm Up Friday ?

mjkaliszak

John,
Hate to break rules but... let me phrase this correctly. How do you think the warmer weather ( Friday/ Saturday ) will effect some of the latest hit snowbelts along the north shore across the UP ? Is it going to hold out for the warm spell or turn to a rain event.
Does the crystal ball tell you anything you can share ? The weather forcasts seem to change thru the day. Driving us crazy since we are going north . Over the last 2 days the weather has changed a couple of times a day.

Sorry, feel free to delete, I know we should not ask about specifics that is why I worded it North Shore snowbelts.

MJK

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It's always hard to say for sure what will happen, but at this point, most of the UP looks to stay at to below freezing Thursday and then pop into the mid 30's Friday. No liquid precip is seen at this point.

So I would say that biggest effect will be to settle the snow where it has not already been ridden on. Groomed trails should hold up pretty well as they now have a decent base where the LES hit this weekend.

So I would be very surprised at this point if significant changes happened, but some changes would be a pretty good bet.

-John

snake

hi john,coming to t.lakes sunday,you still think trails will hold up ok? either way,we're going,just looking to ease my mind.THANK YOU!!! snake

jd

Administrator
Staff member
hi john,coming to t.lakes sunday,you still think trails will hold up ok? either way,we're going,just looking to ease my mind.THANK YOU!!! snake

Pretty hard to say. Forecasting trail conditions during a warm up is like forecasting lake effect snow. Just when you think you have it, mother nature says: "ah, ah, ah...not so fast!".

I can't imagine there not being snow cover on the trails in the Twin Lakes area on Sunday, what condition is a different story and how far you can go before running into more serious problems could also be an issue.

-John