Water Spots

coach

Any good recommendations for keeping the hard water spots from dulling the fiberglass finish on a Black colored gel coat?

( Black is beautiful of course ! )

Thanks

maddogg

I gave up on my Lund. I wax annually and wipe it down after each use. Some people use a vinegar spray to get the spots off. One thing that really does work is "the Works" toilet cleaner to get the hard water stains off the outboard shaft. Just pray it on, watch it bubble and rinse off with a hose.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Half and half of vinegar and water works for me. It takes the spots off but doesn't keep them from coming back.

coach

UPDATE:

I tried a mixture of CLR and water and it worked great ! Not sure how much of the wax comes off of the fiberglass but it sure looks great now. Guess it will be a continued "labor of love" until it's time to put it away for the season.

megan600

Man I'm slow to the party here, but when I seen the initial question I was thinking " they need some Hot Sauce!" Pippy has it covered. THe stuff is amazing. Basically a vinegar and water mix, but has wax also that you are putting back on it. Little goes a long ways!