Watersmeet trails conditions

mrsrunningbear

Better than we thought. Groomers were out last night. My hubby Bear will be out tonight so I'll have a good report later tonight or tomorrow

watersmeet

My group is heading up for our annual back pack trip next week Wednesday starting out of Watersmeet. Hopefully everything will be good for that. Haven't had much riding this year, and kinda put all our eggs into one basket for this trip.

Grant Hoar

Left Tuesday morning. 3 is getting really thin south to LOL, brown but flat. North better. 2 was brownish but smooth. 8 was flat as a board Monday night. 107 was absolutely awesome, ran it three times between 8 pm Monday night and 9 am Tuesday morning.

Don't know what has happened in the last couple days, but when I had to leave I was leaving some good riding behind. Have some friends still up there but have not had an update in couple days. Monday they rode to Lake in the Clouds, generally good stuff. Really bad reports about Trail 13.

Oh yeah, 3, 2, and 8 were really sugary.

Good luck,

longtrack

On the MSA Trail report, Watersmeet has STOPPED Grooming until they get more Snow.

Sorry to report, The trails are thin so at this time we have suspended grooming.

We have Fair trail conditions at this time* and 40 degree temps in the forecast for Saturday

We will need 5+ inches of snow before we return to grooming.

On the MSA Trail report, Watersmeet has STOPPED Grooming until they get more Snow.

Sorry to report, The trails are thin so at this time we have suspended grooming.

We have Fair trail conditions at this time* and 40 degree temps in the forecast for Saturday

We will need 5+ inches of snow before we return to grooming.

Any update on this area after the snow?

Any lake effect. Heading up Wednesday early am.

mrsrunningbear

Watersmeet got about 3 inches. Thunder Riders tried grooming yesterday, and well, it didn't go very well. There are frozen humps the groomers couldn't budge and not enough snow to fill in so the mission was aborted. We've seen riders and they are putting on the miles and saying the riding is good for the most part. Could be the last weekend of the year, so come and ride. Watch for icy areas and corners and use caution like you would during spring riding

If they would have groomed last Thursday and Friday they wouldnt be like they are. First time ever was dissapointed with Watersmeet trails last week.... Understand it was warm on Saturday but it was plenty cold Wed.- Friday nights to groom and there was plenty of snow on the trails.Headed North and East on Saturday and they had been groomed on Friday.

live4now

If they would have groomed last Thursday and Friday they wouldnt be like they are. First time ever was dissapointed with Watersmeet trails last week.... Understand it was warm on Saturday but it was plenty cold Wed.- Friday nights to groom and there was plenty of snow on the trails.Headed North and East on Saturday and they had been groomed on Friday.

Totally agree with pwolfy2003, rode the trail 3 and 2 at 7am Saturday and they were horrible, plenty of snow to groom, very disappointed with Watersmeet trails.

harvest1121

I did ride Watersmeet on Friday coming from Iron River. There was no way they could of groomed Friday night. There was water on the trail that was not going to freeze. 2 east of Watermeet was smooth but water. Went back to Berglund was ok but was groomed that day on Friday morning. It was 36 saturday morning at 7 thanks Watersmeet for doing a great job all season

polaris62

We did end up in Munising the trails are in great shape. This week may be it looking at next week's weather forecast.

attack_06

Watersmeet got about 3 inches. Thunder Riders tried grooming yesterday, and well, it didn't go very well. There are frozen humps the groomers couldn't budge and not enough snow to fill in so the mission was aborted. We've seen riders and they are putting on the miles and saying the riding is good for the most part. Could be the last weekend of the year, so come and ride. Watch for icy areas and corners and use caution like you would during spring riding
I'm OK I know I thing or two about equipment there's no way that big John Deere tractor couldn't bust down those humps it's way too big and heavy not to be able to do that

whitedust

Iron County Groomer tried & did bust up huge ice moguls on 107 yesterday but not going to heal or hold together for very long we helped remove downed trees & brush that had been in the trail along time so groomer could spend more time grooming. I'm not going to knock anybody but once mother nature gets ahead of you very difficult to get conditions back under control and seems Iron county has been chasing never leading all season. WM leads but heavy traffic, thaw and not enough snow put them in a bad way last week. The Fat lady may have sung for WM for grooming and now up to Iron County to get you thru that area.