Web cam in NW Illinois?

muss

John,
I Live in NW Illinois just off a trail system. I have often thought of putting up a cam in my woods just to catch wild life. If I installed one would it be possible to add it to the NCN network on your sight if I made it a web cam? I know the farthest south cam now on the network is mid-Northern Wi and not too many people are going to check snow in this area, But I have often trailered in this area an hour or two just to find deeper snow and thought maybe other flat landers would do the same. I dont know the logistics or expense involved
But Would look into it if you would consider it feasible. Hopefully this does not seem like an idiotic question, I know were not anywhere near the Northwoods. Thanks for all the work you do on this website, we truly appreciate it.

Mark

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Not a idiotic question at all.

The purpose of the NCN has always been to provide a look at current conditions in areas that most folks have to travel a considerable distance to in order to ride. That is why I have refrained from having any cams that are close to the major metro areas like Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit or even in areas that are not too far of a drive.

For the time being, I think I would just like to keep the NCN confined to cams mainly in the Northwoods, to serve my initial idea.

Thanks for the consideration though.

-John