WEB Cams

yeffy

Hi John,

I am wondering about all of the Cam sites that have old views or are not working at all. I can only imagine that to monitor everything on this great site must be a huge task and assume it is the responsibility of the "CAM Owners" to keep things going, but am wondering if there is any process or policy for keeping the cams current?

Thanks for all of your hard work in providing this site to snow nuts like myself.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Some cams just go down for the warm months and other are gone for good.

What I usually do is wait for the snow to start piling up and then do an audit of the NCN cams. Any that are not updating once the snow is down get yanked.

By the way, most of the pieces for the new trail cam setup have arrived (just waiting for the cam!), so hopefully in the next week or so it will be up and going.

-John

Dave_B

You should check the updated listing too. You may get "Nash"ed :)

"A new NCN cam in Gayloard, MI"

jd

Administrator
Staff member
some of the cooke cams have new websies john!!!!!!could you add some cams from the snowies this year?

What cams have new websites? I tried Sinclair and it is dead. The Antlers Lodge has the images I am using and they are old. Waiting to see if they update, otherwise will go bye-bye.

I have tried to get permission to use the images from the Albany Lodge near the snowies, but have not received permission. Anyone know anyone out there, have them contact me.

-John

Pizza Man

JOHN, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CAMS AT THE SOO lOCKS?
THEY WERE ALWAYS NEAT TO WATCH WHEN THE SHIPS WERE USING THE LOCKS.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
JOHN, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CAMS AT THE SOO lOCKS?
THEY WERE ALWAYS NEAT TO WATCH WHEN THE SHIPS WERE USING THE LOCKS.

They changed the formatting of the images, so I could not pull them into my site anymore.

It was fun to watch them pass through.

-John

Firecatguy

yep sinclair sold and the new owner lucas jack said he was going to get the cam up and running but has not....

Rob at the alpine has two great cams that show the snow if you could add them or i could ask rob i talk to him alot on FB?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know Rob, so if you want to ask him, that would be appreciated.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I have not. Did not know about it.

Do you know someone that can give me permission, or should I inquire?

-John

440_chazz

I have not. Did not know about it.

Do you know someone that can give me permission, or should I inquire?

-John

I think you should inquire. It's pretty much a regular stop for me when I am sledding in the UP. I guess if you put it in perspective the other cam in Big Bay is the Big Bay Motel which is right next door.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

I will drop them a line.

In my opinion, more cams = better.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
snoduke-

Which cam "near Eagle River" are you talking about? I have checked them out and all seem to be updating.

-John

fgsacts

May want to remove the cam in Mass City that was in Chances. Not sure if the Kessler guys intend on getting it back up and running. Maybe Matt or TK will chime in.