Website Layout?

revman

Hey John,

Just wondering whatever happened to the new website layout? Is that still something that is going to happen, or did you and Formanek just scrap that idea? Either way the site is awesome...just curious.

Thanks,

REVman

A

admin

Still pending.

Should be rolled out when things slow down in a few months.

-John

formanek

My fault. Need to wait until spring when the site is less active. I can not work on John's site dynamically so it is feesible that I would download a page and change it while someone is accessing it and screw things up really bad!

revman

I just happened to be on that night that you "unveiled" the new layout, and then in the morning it was gone, so I was just curious if you just decided to put it to rest or if it would still be an upcoming event.

Thanks,

REVman

formanek

The unveiling happened that night, but the pull down menus would not work. Working with a server I never have caused me to step back and research. I found the code that caused the error, now I just need to insert it in EVERY page on this site! Hence waiting until it slows a little in the spring.

mnuser

We look forward to the new look. You really need to get rid of the frames. They are a pain when using the back button.

Are you going to move to a more robust forum board when you upgrade? There are soooo many new ones that are free and offer far more features.

handiman

Curiosity got the best of me, so I have to ask:

1. Although the last Ride-In has been over for months, will there be a link to a page showing the pics, comments, etc. of the event like in the past? Perhaps may be a John Dee Make-A-Wish page documenting all the annual events? I think of this every time I go back and look at all the pics I took while at these events. Others may have some to share also. Will this be on the new site?

2. Obvious follow up question: What's the status of the new and improved JD site?

Like revman said in the original post: "Either way the site is awesome...just curious."

Thanks!
Handiman

A

admin

Handiman-

I had hoped to get a page up about the 08 Ride in. I planned to get it done before I went out west, but got busy. Then a few days after getting home I was sick for 3 weeks and then Burt got sick and I just plain forgot after that.

I do still have some pics and will get them put into a page. If anyone else wants to send me pics from the event, I can add them too.

Thanks for reminding me!

As for the site redesign, Jim will have to chime in on that.

-John

handiman

Awesome!

It's always a fun event that gets better every year and definitely worthy of documentation and promotion.

Any preference in the size of the pics you want? My originals are almost 3mb (2816 x 2112) each and I don't think you want that big...

- Handiman

A

admin

I talked with Jim F. and he said all will be done in time to roll it out for the start of the snowfall forecasts in Nov.

-John

A

admin

I'm currently looking at some others and plan to have a solution in place by the time things get revved up next season.

-John