Week of July 22 SxS Trip

clark_w

Hey John,

I don't know who I should contact so please let me know who, But we have 6-8 Side by Sides coming up the week of July 22 and still plan on coming up but our initial plan was to drop our trailers at Twin Lakes and backpack up through the Keweenaw for a few days, then back down to Twin Lakes, restock and head south for a few more days.

I know you cant predict or know the answer here, but if you had to guess, would you think the trail might be open by then? It's really no big deal, but if you feel that will still be closed, I would like to make our itinerary and lodging changes now rather than waiting until the last minute.

And thanks for keeping us UP lovers up to speed on the rebuilding of the Keweenaw and we are so looking forward to showing off the UP to some new people this year.

Cheers,

CW

mezz

At this time, you cannot get to Houghton via the trail nor can you get to Hancock from Houghton. However, Hancock north of the Tomasi Rd. to Calumet is now open. Trail 3 from Hancock to Lake Linden has been severely damaged in several spots, as a result, that section of trail is going to be out of commission for quite some time due to the amount & severity of damage which is going to involve a huge amount of engineering as well as a huge amount of money. In all likelihood this section of trail will be inaccessible for the next year. For regularly updated information, including a map of the trails affected, go to http://www.KeweenawReport.com & look for the red box down the right of the screen titled "Get the Latest Disaster Recovery Info Here" & look for "trail updates". -Mezz

Last edited: