What do you Think!!!

renegadex08

Hey John,

I have a group of us heading up on tuesday next week we were suppose to come this tues go figure always a week off!! I am concerned with the warm up we are staying on lake gogebic up towards bergland. Do you think at this point with all the snow they are getting and going to get by that time that we will be able to manage through the couple day warm up just wondering your thoughts as to if you think the snow will hold up for the warm up. Thanks for all the input it is great to have someone so dedicated to reporting for all of us down south. Thanks again!!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Really too hard for me to say. I live about 2 hours from there and have no clue how things are there now. So cannot say how things will be in the future. Looks like 6-8" today, maybe a few more Fri nite-Sat then 32-34 deg on Monday and 40 on Tue before cooling back below freezing Wed.

-John

renegadex08

Thanks John how about up where you are we are going to be riding up by twin lakes and north of there what you think about your area in the keweenaw? Thanks for all your great input Jason

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Should be fine. Most areas from Twin Lakes north to Copper Harbor have seen 20-30" of snow in the past 2 weeks, a very thick base. Two days of warm temps will not melt that.

-John

frnash

So that's the secret! All we needed was for John to head west, then this.

Even Michigan Tech closed down today. (You could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times they've done that in the last 100 years!):
ALERT: Michigan Tech Closed Due to Severe Weather

Michigan Technological University is closing at 3 p.m. today, Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, due to a severe winter storm. Classes are canceled from 3 p.m. on, and University offices will be closed. Only personnel responsible for safety, buildings, grounds and residential operations should complete their shifts. Those scheduled to work later should contact their supervisors to determine if they should come to work.

The University Senate meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled.

Tonight's basketball games will be held as planned at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
(I hope it's not because MTU has turned into a bunch o' weather wimps since I was at MTU!) :)