What happened to my post?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It may have not been intended to be political in nature when you started it, but sure got that way real quick.

-John

cdsprague

Hmmm... Well that sucks! Maybe I'll take the summer off from visiting this site, and it will be back to normal next winter!

John...Is it considered acceptable for anyone to answer an "Ask John" question? Seems to me if the initial poster wanted anybody's opinion, they would have posted it somewhere else.

cdsprague

John...Is it considered acceptable for anyone to answer an "Ask John" question? Seems to me if the initial poster wanted anybody's opinion, they would have posted it somewhere else.

That is what I thought! People always has to make sure everyone "follows the rules". Maybe their names are all John. It is a pretty common name you know.

I didn't think a topic about oil out west and a lot of it has anything to doo with politics! My thought on what should have happened was to "punish" those who turned it political. Not include me in on the "punishment".

jd

Administrator
Staff member
If it is a question that has a pretty obvious answer or perhaps has been asked before, then I really do not mind. In this case, it just looks like someone was trying to answer for you so you did not have to wait for me to chime in.

Like I said, the initial post might not have been purely political in nature, but sure had political undertones (references as to why the drilling in the US is not happening) and then the rest of the posts were purely political.

Sorry it got yanked, but sometimes that's just the way life goes.

-John