What helmet communication system to use with Bombardier Modular II Helmets?

accobra66

Used to use Snofone for communication which worked quite well...until they will no longer return calls, return my damaged communicator that I sent in a year ago for repair, etc. Assuming these guys are really out of business now.

Called Chatterbox yesterday and they acted as if though I was requesting a communicator for a helmet they had never seen before.

What is everyone using for intercoms on these modular helmets?

mjkaliszak

a few years back I had some Collet's. Dual Batteries and chargers. We tried them once and I decided to sell them. Just too much stuff for me to get tangled up with. I didn't care for them , not necessarily the company but the baggage. I heard grumblings about Collet @ the end of last year so be wary. I don't know if they went bankrupt, or whatever but there were people not being able to contact them ( just an FYI ). I did read some articles about some bluetooth brands but their was always a complaint .
Sorry I wish I could be of more help but we just stick with hand signals and me keeping on my machine and not racking it up, seem to have issues with that lately ????

accobra66

Yes, I was one of those people saying Collett did not return calls. I will admit, they were not perfect but I would take those any day over having to rely on hand signals. Search continues...

lofsfire

I saw these up at the Nelsons Snowmotion scala rider G4 PowerSet for Snowmobiles I do not have any info on them but once I heard Collett's was done figure I would start paying attentions to what else is out there. My units are still working good but I will have to change sooner or later. There are also some other post on here that give other options, do some searches and you will find them.
Keep us posted on what you find.

accobra66

Scada G4 will not work with the modular helmets. Nor will anything from Chatterbox I am told. Emailed the "new" Collet and it is the same old Collet if you ask me. Sent email saying I want to purchase last week...still no response. What a joke.

accobra66

Can anybody help me out here? Does anybody other than SnoFone make a communicator for the Bombardier modular helmets?

bonnie

Check Collett website for new phone nos Had no problem calling them and getting answers that I needed.

accobra66

Update:

Called Collett again and reached somebody. She said that they have my communicators that were sent in last January and I should have them within a week. All repaired, NO CHARGE!!!! I am so hoping this all turns out, if so they are obviously really trying here to back their product.