What is up with your internet access John?

groomerdriver

I'm sure a few of us would chip in and pay that overdue bill for you! (joking!!!)

Seriously, can you share what the issue is?

Hoping for the best for you and the family! If my wife and kids would have been without net access for this long they would have moved out.....on Sunday night! :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
All donations would be greatly appreciated! LOL. Just kidding. We are all paid up on the bills. I use the cellular service for my internet (MiFi). When I got back from the banquet Saturday night, we did not have internet service. By the looks of when the cams stopped updating it looks like shortly after 8pm. This is not the first time it has gone out. Although only the second time it has gone out for more than 5-7 hours. We are on day 4 now and no one at AT&T has any clue as to when it will be back up. I realize that AT&T only leases the tower and equipment, so it is not really their fault, but it still would be nice if they would take the step to find out when it will be back up. The phone service from the tower works and always does when this happens, so they must have some kind of faulty piece of hardware on the data side.

Just hoping for a repair soon and also looking into a backup for me.

-John

Pink Cat

I had the same problem with my Mifi from AT&T. I ended up purchasing a new one and everything seems to be fine now.
I did have an older model, but no reason for it to just stop working.

blabath

It's just a thought John. But you could have another cell phone from an alternate carrier as a standby and use it as a mobile hotspot when AT&T goes down. Then cancel the service when you don't need it. I have a contract with a National Carrier and I only turn on the mobile hotspot when I travel. The rest of the time it is off and costs nothing.
My 2 cents.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It's just a thought John. But you could have another cell phone from an alternate carrier as a standby and use it as a mobile hotspot when AT&T goes down. Then cancel the service when you don't need it. I have a contract with a National Carrier and I only turn on the mobile hotspot when I travel. The rest of the time it is off and costs nothing.
My 2 cents.

That is a good thought. Perhaps even one of those pay as you go MiFi's. I guess I would have to see if any other provider is sharing that tower. Being in the sticks up this way, many towers are single providers right now. But certainly worth the look into.

I am back up now and have been for about 90 minutes. What a great feeling! I saw a crew replacing a telephone switch box by the highway that looked to have been damaged by a water main break right by it. I have a strong feeling that the data outage and switch box repair are connected. In that case, I wonder if the loss of that switch box would have taken out all carriers using the tower?

-John