What snowmobile brand?

olsmann

I know this might start a fire storm and maybe you dont want to answer, but after reading your review of the yamaha, Would you ever switch brands? Or maybe a better way to ask without causing controversy is to ask, who out there makes a sled (08 models) that you feel (just say money not being and option) fits the bill the best for the type of riding you do?(your dream sled) I know sooner or later you will have to upgrade and either way 3/4s of the people are gonna disagree with you. I just got the feeling that your were suprised about the yamis performance and wondered if it got your wheels turning?

A

admin

olsmann-

Switching brands for me would be no problem. I think folks misread the fact that I have been riding a Polaris of one type or another for the past 9 years as being brand loyal. Truth is, the first Polaris I got (94 XLT) just happened to be a sled that was in great shape and available to me at a good price. The next- the 03 700 RMK was sort of the same situation. Just a sled that was available to me at a really good price. I did choose the 05 800 RMK because I had become familiar with the ride of the 700 and also knew how to fix a lot of things on them.

However, I could have just as easily been on a SkiDoo or Arctic Cat these past several years and a Yamaha before they went to all 4 stroke. While I think the jump to all 4 strokes for Yamaha was a bold and good move, it just did not work with the type of sledding I do (boondocking). That was until I rode this latest sled.

You are right in your observation that I was surprised by the XTX's performance on and off trail. I still would like to try it out in the steep and deep, but feel pretty confident that with a deeper lug track it would perform just fine in any boondocking situation. Throw a turbo in it and I have a rocket ship for here and out west!

So, back to the question... I feel that every manufacturer has a sled for me. This is not some politically correct BS answer either. I would be very happy to be riding a Dragon 800, an M8, an 800 XP or the new Nytro XTX.

I think it will all boil down to what happens to present itself as the best deal as I do plan to be riding a different sled for next season.

(Read: interested parties in my 800 should be saving their $)

-John

olsmann

Thats a fair enough answer, I,m am not to brand loyal as I feel each has its own but different offerings. And I have had fun switchin brands and tryin new stuff. This Is why I always just buy the black helmet and black gear that way it always matches!

snowfan470

I am in agreement with John....every manufacturer has a sled for me too. I have a Yamaha Phazer FX right now....but that doesn't mean I'm totally yamaha loyal. One piece of evidence...I sometimes wear a Ski-Doo Cap! lol But yeah...I believe every manufacturer has a good line of sled...whether it be the XP...or the Nytro..or the Dragon RMK/IQ or switchback...or the crossfire or M-series... and so it wouldn't be hard for me to either stay with Yamaha or switch...

olsmann

John, I forgot to tell ya, You gotta get Yamie to put your money shot from the journal in the 09 brochure!

erkoehler

Isn't about time for a sled manufacturer to step up and sponsor John with a sweet new sled?

Let all think about what he does for the sport...I think it is time! Who is going to step up?