what will happen with campgrounds?

euphoric1

Just curious if anyone knows or if heard, with all the covid-19 paranoia what will happen with campgrounds? they are technically a large gathering of people of all age groups, We have a seasonal trailer in a camping resort north of here, yearly fees coming due soon, going to make a call as to what plans are before I hand the money over. I hope they open and stay open as scheduled but wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Carbide

Nothing is off the table. I was about to head to Colorado for an epic ski trip to Breckenridge, Vail and Keystone.
ALL ski resorts in CO have been closed.

euphoric1

we had tried calling ours twice thursday and friday no answer so send e-mail, this was before all of the shut downs happening, and CDC now recommends any public gatherings over 50 people be shut down so we will see.

euphoric1

Just received e-mail from camping resort, planning on opening as normal but pools and activities will be closed until further notice, supposed to keep things clean, and that we are supposed to keep our distance from others, which is quite alright to me, I go to get away from everything, don't need to mingle and I much prefer swimming in the lake. But they are watching closely as things may change. probably get our yearly fee and then close :ambivalence:

euphoric1

Went up to our trailer sunday likely for last time until next season, had a few trees removed and had wanted to move the wood and finish clearing up final leaves. Was in interesting season, late start, initial quarantine to own site, relaxed but still limitations for rest of season, but just as most other places you saw the panic go away and other than restrictions at the pools and the on grounds store, was pretty much back to normal. Owning a business this place was and is our serenity and it was nice after a while to feel some normalsy. Looking forward to next camping season and hopefully fear and restrictions will be at a very minimum or if at all.