When do the groomers stop grooming?

snowfan470

Nope, its march 30th, but if the snow is good, then I think they will keep grooming into the first week of April...

L

lenny

I was told land leases are up april 1 st for Superior snowmobile club trails regardless of snow

S

skylar

Trail 13 that the Superior club grooms, will close the gates by April 1st. The Nichols trail, being a multi use trail, can be groomed after that, providing the funding is there, and most importantly, if the VOLUNTEER groomer operators, still want to.

A

admin

The DNR will provide funding for grooming through March 31st, then any grooming of trails would have to be done with funds from the entity that is doing the grooming for those particular trails.

Sometimes if the snow is good and the DNR has some money left over, they will provide funds beyond March 31st, but this is a rarity, not something that happens very often.

-John

just to chime in a little. usually the only years they extend it is when its been a short year though right? a year like this i think its very doubtful they would fund it any longer dont you think? man they had to spend a ton of money this year on fuel alone, and especially a year like this where there is not a lot of traffic , even on weekends.i have 4425 miles on so far and have only been up north 5 times and only 2 of them for longer than 1 over nighter.still planning 1 more for next weekend. had to check the calendar a few times we were up to see if it was a weekend or not with the few sleds we saw. thanks for a wonderful site john .