When does the snowfall totals maps get updated?

rufneks

Just wondering the different snowfall total for different areas and was wondering when it gets updated?

bee1971

WHEN IT SNOWS

Sorry man i couldn’t resist , that was to easy living in WI and 40s this past weekend and the week ahead looks like the same

jd

Administrator
Staff member
They have been getting updated. Not quite every day, but at least 2-3 times a week right now. I have a note on the main snowcover page it reads:
If the maps are showing an old date, you need to force the page to reload. To do this, you can do one of all of the following:
1) Hit and hold the shift key and click on the reload button on your browser.
2) Hit F5
3) Right click on the map, choose to view map in new tab and then use technique(s) 1 or 2 above.
You can also go into your browser settings and clear your cashe.

robgoggins

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and was told the "old/previous" version of John Dee's snow depth map would be live sometime in December. While I appreciate the instructions the Admin shared in the 4:31 p.m. post, that doesn't answer the question...what happened to the user-friendly snow depth map that used to exist on the site? Seems to be a lost cause. Now I just go directly to the NOAA snow depth website. It's a few more clicks for yours truly, but I get the info I need. I would think John Dee would want people to stay on his site, but maybe that page of the site didn't get many clicks...there are higher priorities on the site? I realize you can't please everyone.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I asked the same question a few weeks ago and was told the "old/previous" version of John Dee's snow depth map would be live sometime in December. While I appreciate the instructions the Admin shared in the 4:31 p.m. post, that doesn't answer the question...what happened to the user-friendly snow depth map that used to exist on the site? Seems to be a lost cause. Now I just go directly to the NOAA snow depth website. It's a few more clicks for yours truly, but I get the info I need. I would think John Dee would want people to stay on his site, but maybe that page of the site didn't get many clicks...there are higher priorities on the site? I realize you can't please everyone.

Have you scrolled down on the page? All of the maps I used to do are still there, plus more. If you follow the instructions I (John Dee) gave in this post and the other, you will see them. If not, then something is messed up on your end.

-John

robgoggins

Have you scrolled down on the page? All of the maps I used to do are still there, plus more. If you follow the instructions I (John Dee) gave in this post and the other, you will see them. If not, then something is messed up on your end.

-John

Ahhhh yes, my bad. For some reason it seems to look different than last year which is what threw me. I will admit I'm a typical guy...I read about 10% of what I should and then I just start doing things and clicking things. Normally it works out pretty well, other times??? I really like the color breaks you've selected on the snow depth maps; makes it pretty easy to get a sense of what's going on vs. having to try to figure out if that 17% blue gradient is significantly different than the neighboring 23% blue gradient color.