When Karma Comes Calling

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV/Gray News) - Police in Iowa say a man who appeared to have been trying to steal copper wire was electrocuted.

Officers were dispatched for a possible burglary in progress at around 4:20 a.m. on Wednesday, according to Sioux City Police Department.

When officers arrived, police say they found an unconscious man on the premises.

Police say he had been shocked by an electrical source by the time authorities got there. He was transported to a hospital where he was officially pronounced dead.

The Sioux City Police Department says it is working with the property owner and other relevant parties to gather more information and ensure safety in the area.

mezz

EV charging station? I have read recently that a number of Tesla charging stations have been gutted of all the copper wiring inside.

elf

At one of our off site chassis lots we had people go down 2 different manholes, about 200 yards apart, and cut the cable and pull it through. Had to use a truck to pull it out as it was extremely heavy. We have them on camera as they did it about 7:00 PM and they had the safety vests on and everything to try to look official.

hermie

Start hearing about these kinds of thefts every time copper goes way up in value. They will try and cut live service wires steal copper piping for A/C condenser lines any copper they can grab. Used to do At&t work in the city of Chicago. I was always looking over my back for someone wanting to hold me up for the copper. Sometimes I would have copper scraps and if I saw someone who was hard up there luck I would give it to them. Unfortunately most of the people doing this are just criminals who don't want to work and just want a quick easy dollar. Some of them pay the ultimate price when they don't understand the basic of electricity. If you are a path for the current to go through you and you cut the live wire that's more time than not the last time you will do it. Between copper and catalytic converters these thieves won't stop until they get what they want. It's amazing what these people will do to get a catalytic converter. Having a lookout with a semi automatic to be there look out and shoot anyone who interferes. There are some great people out there but unfortunately there are people like this too.