Where is the cold?

tdq600

Obviously this winter so far has been a bust. My question is, since we (the lower midwest) have had temps that have run so far above average for the last month is there area's (I.E Alaska, Canada, Russia) that have seen the opposite and have had temps that are running well below average. I ask this because it seems normally on a short term basis when for example, Anchorage Alaska is "warm" in the winter, we are cold and vice versa. So is there anywhere that is seeing a barbaric cold spell right now? Thanks in advance for the answer and Merry christmas to you and your family.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Much of Alaska was 10 degrees below average and saw well above average precip (snow) in the past 30-45 days. Greenland has been colder than average as has western and far eastern Russia. Most of our lack of cold and snow can be blamed on Alaska and far eastern Russia.

-John

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Much of Alaska was 10 degrees below average and saw well above average precip (snow) in the past 30-45 days. Greenland has been colder than average as has western and far eastern Russia. Most of our lack of cold and snow can be blamed on Alaska and far eastern Russia.

-John

Those fricken Ruskies!!! Give us our snow ya selfish rat ba....ards!!