where to ride in the U.P.

footinforever

Heading up to the U.P. tomorrow, where is there good conditions. Would like to head out of watersmeet, but could drive to Mass City or wherever its going to be nice. I.E. enough snow to not trash the carbides and studs with stones and a lack of snow..

Thanks in Advance!

Footinforever

polaris62

the snow might be a little thin in watersmeet it may be better to head up to mass city twin lakes or even to bergland have im goning up to houghton wed but not for fun i have to pick my sons blown m6 bummer but it happens

phazerpilot

left land o lakes at 9:00 this morning 6in. fresh powder , trails in watersmeet should be great now and anything north or west of that area should be awesome after lastest snow

footinforever

U.P. Conditions

I wanted to update everyone on what I encountered yesterday.. We headed up to Land O to buy our Michigan stickers.. The lady said the trails were pounded around the area, so we skipped Watersmeet, just rolled up to Mass City.. WOW! The trails had all been recently groomed, but did they have the SNOW! It was magical, freshly groomed with about a 1/2 on top of fluffy goodness. Lots of dust, so guys in group had to stay back, but it was a wet dream all the way to Houghton for lunch at the library, then to north freda loop and back..
North Freda was a little bumpier and not quite all the frozen in spots, but a good ride, the look out is cool as well. then back to the grades, and it was smooth sailing back to Mass, a little chilly at times, hovering around zero, but 120 miles later, my first ride under the belt.. I appreciate all the help with conditions.. Bridge is still out in Houghton, but they were getting snow all day yesterday.. it was beautiful with all the trees covered in snow.. So Stoked right now.. Thanks for the help Guys! Saw a rush on the trail as well, it looked good coming at me both times, would like to ride one for the day and see what its made of.

FF

fire126

We are coming up for our first trip on the Jan.1st and staying at torch lake cabins in Lake Linden. Bring my daughter with.cant wait.