Which is the best oil for a 08 Yamaha Nytro?

judd0108

I have a 08 nytro and it needs a oil change i was wondering what the best oil to use, and how often i should change it.

fredster

I have a 2007 Rage and 2008 Vector. I run Mobil 1 5W30 in both. The new Mobil 1 0W30 should work even better as it matches the factory viscosity.

Did you change the oil in the spring? You should store the machine with fresh oil, not wait until fall / now.

teamblue

You should use the oil that is available to you. I use Yamalube 0w30 in both of our sleds.(Apex) I change oil and filter every 1500 miles, and at the end of every season before storage.

srt20

Wouldnt your new fresh oil get moisture also from condensation? Then you run that oil all winter. I would think that if there is moisture in used oil it would be alot less than from condensation.

uncle_ed

I believe its more about the corrosive nature of the used oil that has been exposed to the combustion process

whitedust

Walmart Mobil 1 0W30 full syn been using in Yam 150 for 2 years. I use 5 quart container then also use same oil in snowblower & SUVS. Just make sure your sled has 1000 miles or so before you switch from Yam semi syn blend. Full syn very good after engine is fully broken in.