Which is the better buy of these two Yamaha sleds?

boritzer1234

2005 Yamaha Rx Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke 4 cylinder. Includes cover and has a Heavy Hitter clutch kit. Excellent condition with only 4800 miles. $3,900

-or-

2005 Yamaha RS Vector ER, Perfect Condition. 3 cylinder 120hp. Cover Included. 3,391 miles. $4,800

Could you also fill me in on which sled is better riding, more power, etc.?

anonomoose

Someone else can tell you whether the vector has a 136 inch track or not, but the warrior does.

Warrior has 4 cylinders the vector has 3.

If the vector has the 136 track, they will ride about the same, if the vector has a shorter track then the warrior will ride better.

Power...4 cylinders to 3 should tell you what you want to know there.

Looks like the vector is a bit high in price to me...should be within a couple hundred of the warrior.

Neither sled is new, and so the components such as skis, skid, shocks, etc, should all be looked at carefully.

Should be some better deals out there for these machines...I would hunt some more.

limey

Vector is a short track 121" sled where as the Warrior is a 136" track sled. As said above, the Warrior will ride better. Pretty sure the Warrior has the mono-shock suspension providing a softer ride where the Vector has the pro-action (less adjustability and more stiff).

Seating position will be the same on both sleds as it wasn't until 2006 that Yamaha introduced rider-forward on their 4-cylinder models and not until 2008 on the Vector range.

The Warrior engine pulls much harder than the Vector. The Vector is sneaky fast up to 80 mph but then the Warrior will walk away.

Vector price seems high.

kip

boritzer 1234, I have a 2005 Warrior Limited Edition with only 1400 miles on it. I took it on trade 2 weeks ago and it's immaculate. Literally showroom condition. I've sold 3 sleds to the guy who traded it in so I know the history is legit. I would take 4900 for it. If interested call me at 906-883-3536. Ask for Kip

Pats' Motorsports, INC
Greenland, MI 49929
Authorized Yamaha Dealer.

chad66

The Warrior has the older Pro-Action suspension NOT the Mono Shock. The mono shock was introduced in 2005 on the RX-1 short track and came in the 136" the following year. Both are good sleds and both ride pretty nice. The Warrior is priced pretty nice and the Vector is on the hi side.

Chad@M&M

whitedust

If you want rider forward which I would highly recomend look for an 06-07 Apex Attack with EC Ohlins or RA. You should be able to find one $5-6K low miles. Apex long 136" tracks handle much better than 121. 06 Attacks had soft rear shock but no big deal to buy stiffer shock depending on your weight. Apex RT wil be a harsh ride much harder shocks.

srt20

here it is

2006 Yamah Apex RTX for sale. I have a trail proven apex with 5,700 miles on it. Majority of miles have been put on in northern Wisconsin. This sled is all stock, had rear shock rebuilt before last season, and it has fox float shocks on the front. 144 woody's gold digger studs that are all intact. It is in good shape and is very mechanically sound. I hate to sell it but just had a baby and some toys must go, also have a Yamaha cover to go with it. $6000 or make a reasonable offer and I may accept it. Contact Justin at 920 650-4540

anonomoose

Once again, Kip to the rescue...4800 miles verses 1400 miles. Clean sled is a sled that has not been water skipped or otherwise abused.

$3800 verses $4900 hummm....got to think on that one.

srt20

This is a well maintained good sled. I have ridden it, and have ridden many miles with him. Not sure if its what you want but....

boritzer1234

Greenland MI is a little ways away, i'm way down by lacrosse wisconson so to drive all that way for a sled might be difficult...but kip nice sled!

kip

I understand boritzer1234. Ya know, you could just plan a ride in the UP on that sled and kill 2 birds with one stone! Just a thought. Have a good one. Kip