Who is open ?

rph130

Took a short ride yesterday to MW from PI to get lunch and found Shillelagh to be closed so I thought I would start this thread for local information. Please add to it with any info you may have. Ran into some riders from Boulder Jct. who said not a single place open to get lunch or a beer there yesterday.

Shillelagh closed on Wednesdays.
30 Point Tap closed on Tuesdays.
Goochs closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Retreat open 7 days.
Drop shots at Outpost closed Tuesdays.
Anglers closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
Great Northern Wolfs Den open 7 days.
PI Pub open 7 days.
Yacht Club open 7 days.

whitedust

If you know where you want to eat best to call or look up online for hours. Last best eatery east on Phelps trail 6 was open and food was good also has gas. Next stop Iron River MI east or 3 lakes south.

wisco-mb

Good idea! That's sometimes tough to find places during the week, especially Mondays. I always take beef jerky and snacks on Mondays when riding. Just in case.
A lot of the business details info on Polaris trails app is wrong. Best to call like whitedust mentioned. Even the online hours can be wrong. Especially in post-covid times.

pclark

Took a short ride yesterday to MW from PI to get lunch and found Shillelagh to be closed so I thought I would start this thread for local information. Please add to it with any info you may have. Ran into some riders from Boulder Jct. who said not a single place open to get lunch or a beer there yesterday.

Retreat open 7 days.
PI Pub open 7 days.
Yacht Club open 7 days.
Sayner Pub closed on Tuesdays

pclark

Retreat open 7 days.
PI Pub open 7 days.
Yacht Club open 7 days.
Forgot to mention-
White Oak Inn, just south of MW on Trail 8 along Highway 51 just south of the bridge:
Open Thursday, Friday, Monday 4pm-8pm
Open Saturday 12pm-8pm
Open Sunday 12-6pm Pizza and $2 tappers
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday

rph130

Anglers in MW is closed Friday 2/10 and not open again until Wednesday 2/15. FYI
Don't know if you are aware pclark but Anglers is for sale and had a serious "potential" buyer have a look a few weeks ago when we were in for lunch. Hate to lose current owner because they do a nice job. Would be even worse if they just do a Skyview and close the doors and disappear.

pclark

Hey RPH, Yes, they have been for sale for a couple of years now. They are good people and Kent is a nice addition to their staff but he bought his own place in Tomahawk and is leaving in June. I don't see them closing and not ever opening again but you never know. I think it will be around forever as it's right on bike trail/snowmobile trail, nice outdoor bar as well. We are going south for a couple of weeks, Next 5 days look warm, still a lot of snow thoug.

rph130

Hey RPH, Yes, they have been for sale for a couple of years now. They are good people and Kent is a nice addition to their staff but he bought his own place in Tomahawk and is leaving in June. I don't see them closing and not ever opening again but you never know. I think it will be around forever as it's right on bike trail/snowmobile trail, nice outdoor bar as well. We are going south for a couple of weeks, Next 5 days look warm, still a lot of snow thoug.
pclark, Hitting the road from Park Ridge to Presque Isle shortly. A little worried that we may not be able to get to the trail from our cabin as the town road is probably down to gravel/asphalt. Hope for snow by mid to end of week. Enjoy the sunshine/vacation.