Why no more WOLV forecasts?

mezz

I missed your "last" forecast on WOLV which I as well as many others in our listening area have grown to rely upon for the past 8 or so years, this goes back to the day's of "Deeve at Dawn". We are going to miss it. What happened, too many irons in the fire?-Mezz

A

admin

The owners of the 3 stations, WOLV, KBEAR and WCCY decided they did not want to continue our arrangement. So I am no longer doing the radio work for them.

-John

mezz

Their loss is unfortunately ours as well. I will have to rethink my advertising strategy with them. Afterall, there are others. I guess the upside of things would be that those of us that visit this site will continue to have your quality forecast & maybe you will have a little extra time.-Mezz

m8man

That is horse hockey. I did notice right away that John wasn't on as I caught him on KBEAR in the morning. They lost a good thing.. I hate that prerecorded B.S. from some goon from who knows where. I personally have quit listening to those stations. I think a live local guy who knows his stuff just tends to hit home a little harder with the locals. Unfortunately big business can lose sight of what is important. I bet the owners aren't local either. It is a bummer John lost that deal but they have also lost a listener.
I wish John the best and who knows what the future brings.

M8man

frnash

From the Daily Mining Gazette, May 9, 2008, Letters to the Editor: We want John, quoted here, in part:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

"I’m looking to everyone who depended on his morning reports to voice your disappointment. Take a minute, contact the radio station and talk to the manager if you disapprove of this decision. Show your support for John Dee. He deserves that."<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

m8man

Good one to add frnash, I wrote to the President and CEO of Hartland communications and explained basically the same corpus that the letter does. I also added at the end I hoped they've enjoyed me as a listener in the past.

I would have loved to put in something about "thinking" about my future advertising dollars.

M8man

douge

I'm deeply saddened by what's gone on at those radio stations and losing John is the latest issue. I will say this up front, I am a former employee of those radio stations. I was the afternoon DJ until the new management decided to make some changes. All the management at that radio station is now from out of state. The owners are based in Appleton, WI and come up here once or twice a year. The new general manager John Speeney is from Illinois and was here a few weeks before he started eliminating employees. The operations manager and morning DJ on WOLV Chuck Sebastian is last from Bemidji, MN. This company is bringing in all these outside people and getting rid of the local people that had been with the company for a long time. I just thought that people needed to see what is really going on with this company.

I remember filling in for our morning DJs and having John on as a guest and it really was a treat to talk with him on those mornings.

A

admin

Just to let you all know that I will be back on the air beginning June 2nd on WKMJ (93.5) and WMPL (AM 920). Not sure of the exact times yet, but would imagine it would be for morning drive like I was before.

-John