Wireless web cam

camp10

Hi John,

I was reading the Oct 26th journal and have a question about the web cam that you installed. Is it wireless for the internet connection, but still needs AC for power?

I'm looking for something similar so that my wife can keep an eye on the barnyard while we are away.

Can you tell me which make/model you chose?

Thanks,
-Larry

A

admin

Hi Larry.

It is not wireless. Those are a bit more expensive and I did not want to run the risk of it getting damaged or stolen, although it would be the best setup if I knew it would be OK.

I used a regular wired cam that needs to be hooked up to a computer via USB. I have power and a computer in a secure enclosure out there to run the cam.

Some of the cams in the NCN are wireless, although I personally do not have any experience with them. Seem like the ones from Netcam are pretty good and reliable, just a little spendy.

-John

camp10

Ahhh, OK. I get it now. I misread and thought that the wireless part was between the webcam and the router.

They are pretty pricey, but I thought that maybe you had found something less expensive.

-Larry

P.S. I really like the close-ups that you can do with the new camera. Especially the rasberry leaves.